Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dropped off the heads of my V6 for skimming today, following a head gasket failure on the rear bank. I'm hoping to get them back and to start the rebuild this weekend, which means I will need torque settings for various nuts and bolts. I can't see these in the technical manual - "repair instructions Vols 1,2 and 3".

I have found threads with the settings and procedure for putting the heads back on but don't have anything for the cam shaft holders, or the bolts holding the cam pulleys on, or the crankshaft nut etc.

Is there a source for all this information?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Theres a list of various torque settings in vol1 of the manual page 528 of 788. Not sure if all you need are there. Also head refitting covered (pitifully) on page 274/788

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I will search for that page.

I have found one or two settings by hunting for particular phrases on Google but I don't have the water pump ones for example.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I have never been able to find any figures for the cam belt idler bearing bolts (G in the attached diag) if anyone knows what these should be (I cannot find any reference in the Alfa V6 engine rebuild or GTV Repair Instructions) it would be great to capture the info.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts