Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First up, a bunch of incompetent, disorganised fkwits in Swindon somewhere kill a woman by putting an epidural anaesthetic straight into her blood stream (it's a local anaesthetic for Christ's sake, it would have shut the nervous system down), and lie to the widower before being forced to tell the truth. They kept it - in it's ordinary, unremarkable packaging - right next to the regular saline.

Now it turns out that the husband was here on his wife's work visa (she was a nurse) and the widower and new baby are being deported back to the Philippines at the end of the month.

Uprooting these people now they are settled and at this appalling time is not the action of a civilised society. The Coroner has appealed for leniency. I hope it's given. At least I hope he's here to see justice done in the ciminal courts.

·
Registered
25,672 Posts
Just heard about this on the news, it's absolutely appalling :( just another reason why I'm glad I'm private.

·
Registered
15,686 Posts
I used to live in Swindon... I would avoid the Great Western Hospital with all my might... :tut:

Shocking, disgusting news.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Heard this last night, very bad and sad news, but as the baby was born in the UK doesnt that make it a UK citizen and therefore have a right to stay in the country anyway??

Sounds right really that the NHS would kill off one of the nurses that came over to help it out in teh first place. Such a tragic situation and I hope they bring someone to juctice.

·
Registered
16,125 Posts
This just shows how incompentent the civil service is becoming (No disrespect SR)- it is bad enough that the poor guy gains a son and then loses his wife within minutes, but to now want to deport him is scandalous.

The only upside of this is that he should get a serious amount of compensation, however I suspect the guy would still prefer to have his wife.

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
Shipping him out of the country before he can sue for compensation !!!

·
Registered
24,514 Posts
I wonder if she was killed by "foreign' trained nurses and Doctors......
Irrelevant where they were trained so long as they are properly qualified.

She was killed by incompetence. First by the nurse who administered it. She could have easily avoided the error by simply taking care to read the label.

Second incompetence- by the matron, or ward manager or whatever they are called now, for allowing easily confused items to be stored together.

Third incompetence- by either or both of the NHS Purchasing Dept and Supplier for failing to ensure adequate differentiation of the packaging.

All totally avoidable at no cost. Now this poor family has paid the ultimate price and are being given the ultimate insult by our government.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yep, that sums it up pretty well.

It was all 4 years ago now and that kid has grown up here. Our NHS killed the mother. Seems to me we owe them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts