Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sorry Toad, I just wrecked your car...

Sorry bout that... :(
One less 145.

·
Administrator
47,763 Posts
How posh is that?
A trailer with alloys on it. Who do you think you are? Lord Muck?

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
205 GTi alloys! :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
See what was dragging the posh trailer...
A Lightweight Rover... Ex British army!

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
Ouch!!!
That 3 picture has hurt my mental health!! :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
(I'd use a crying smiley if we had one)

·
Registered
9,842 Posts
McGuinn,

I don't get this: are you for real? :eek: Have you actually destroyed Toad's car? :eek: If so, how come?

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes Mel, sorry!
Minor slip-of-the-wrist with the long arm, and the car got whipped away and trashed onto a scrap heap.
It's going to be made into small chunks of metal now, then shipped to the nordics for melting....
If you look closely at the first photo, you can see the AO sticker on the rear window!

The reason for all of this mahem...? Well since I brought it racing in a quarry it's been sitting outside of my house! That was 3 months ago! I need to free up space in the drive-way now that I have a new 145...

Who's BONKERS now??? :lol:

Mel Bonkers said:
McGuinn,

I don't get this: are you for real? :eek: Have you actually destroyed Toad's car? :eek: If so, how come?

·
Premium Member
38,311 Posts
What's the story behind this?? :confused:

·
Registered
718 Posts
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Was it that bad? you dont happen to have the engine for it do you? i.e bottom end? where is Toad not seen him about for a while, got a few questions for him an all....

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm going to sell the engine as one part.
Toad will be on soon I expect... :) he's working at the moment.

I stripped everything from the car, only thing left in it was fuel pump (by mistake!) and an old gearbox from my current 145... oh and stinky upholstery...

AlfaBoxer145 said:
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Was it that bad? you dont happen to have the engine for it do you? i.e bottom end? where is Toad not seen him about for a while, got a few questions for him an all....

·
Registered
718 Posts
what engine and what price?

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
1.6 Boxer. 1997 car. 96k miles.
Price to be decided. It wont be some mad price, 300 euro or so I expect.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I need an engine to replace my bottom end, either that or £500 for a new crank and £150 odd for a new conrod....

What kind of condition is the engine in, is the bottom end ok? i dont wanna buy a dogger if im putting it in my 54,000 mile know all history engine!!!

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'll have a chat with the man himself shortly.
I'm sure he'll be on the blower quite soon as he honestly didn't know that I was going to do THAT to his car!!! :lol: :lol:

Maybe we could arrange for you to bring the belegured car over here, and I will do the engine replacement... I woudn't be up to doing a conrod/crank myself though, maybe Toad would be more experienced with those.

Don't book the boat yet!

·
Registered
718 Posts
The story goes....

the bottom end bearings went, towed it to my mechanic 5 weeks ago, mechanic has been very busy, mechanic sent crank to engineering company to be reground, engineering company ring up yesterday to say crank is unrepairable plus one conrod is mashed, today am very !!!!ed off and have mostly been looking for new engine/bottom end/second hand crank/miracle...

i dont know whether i can just whack a bottom end from a 1.7 16v on it, i dont know whether i can bung a crank/bottom end from 33 series boxer engine on it...

so many questions that not alot of people know the answer to :(

not driven for 5 weeks and am getting really annoyed!!!

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
Bloody fecking nora ****! :eek: :(

1 - 20 of 46 Posts