Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a while since I ogled one in the showroom but, is the Brera a two seater or is it like my GT, can you squeeze two adults in the back????

G

·
It's been a while since I ogled one in the showroom but, is the Brera a two seater or is it like my GT, can you squeeze two adults in the back????
You'll be very hard pressed getting two adults in the back of a Brera. It really depends on their height and the size of the driver and front passenger.

There's virtually zero leg room in the back. The driver and front passenger seat need to be set well forward to squeeze someone in behind them and that's not always possible if the adults in the front are 6 foot or taller.

The back is more suited for young children (10 years or less). Even then it's tight.

Much Less interior space than a GT.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm 6ft and there is 0.5cm gap between the back of front seat to front of back seat. I've managed to get my 6ft 7 brother in the back nearside and his missus in the front once, but he moaned about it the whole journey!!
If you want adults in the back, the Brera isn't for you!

G

·
I'm 6ft and there is 0.5cm gap between the back of front seat to front of back seat. I've managed to get my 6ft 7 brother in the back nearside and his missus in the front once, but he moaned about it the whole journey!!
Impressive. :)

Your brother must have had his nostrils resting on his knee caps the whole way....:lol:

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Have to agree with the above. I eventually bought a 159 after looking at GTs and Breras.
The GT was quite a bit bigger in the rear, I have 8 and 10 year old boys, so needed the space.
Was very dissapointed to see and experience the total lack of space in the Brera. Even my lads struggled to get in and out.
But, the 159 is just about as gorgeous!

G

·
The good thing about the brera is you could fit your kids in the back and sit in the front with your misses. The kids find the back seats of the brera fun & comfortable. Just like the Mitsubishi GTO I used to have.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm six foot three, and the missus is 5 foot nine. There's no way anybody with two legs could fit behinf me when I'm driving, and if her ladyship is in the front passenger seat, with it most of the way forward, then there is just about enough legroom for our five year old granddaughter behind her ...

... all of which means that the Brera is a pleasure best taken alone :cool:

·
Registered
57 Posts
I regularly carry two kids in the back of mine - aged 8 and 11. It is a bit tight but they both say its really comfortable.

·
Registered
977 Posts
I think Clarkson said something like 'rear seats are OK if you have the space requirements of Douglas Bader'.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So basically, only if you have no legs is the Brera an option for rear seat passengers, thanks guys..........

G

·
More practicle than the Spider. :p

The rear seats haven't got the best layout. Especially with the
transmission tunnel. But they are seats that can be (legally )used for
quick journeys.

Many Brera owners on here do and have used them.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Im 5'5" and dont have a problem getting the kids in the back.
The kids are 2'6" mind u lol

So if you're a short freak of nature like me the Brera is for you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts