Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
Alfa 159 1.9 JTDm Sportwagon
5,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the bad news that I have sorned the car until I can get the belts changed. I do not what to take the risk and will tax the car when done. Till then I can only wait for summer!

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
If you have a G3 i could buy it off you? - You could get yr belts done with the money..............But right thing to do, it is stored outside........dont put your hand break on.

·
Registered
576 Posts
If you have a G3 i could buy it off you? - You could get yr belts done with the money..............But right thing to do, it is stored outside........dont put your hand break on.
Ive sorned my 164 while I do plenty of stuff to it. laid up for quite a few months. Why should I not use the handbrake? :confused:

·
Registered
741 Posts
handbrake left on in wet / cold weather can seize on by "rusting" or big freeze in the cables. Leave it in first gear or P.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Paul - selling mine (the identical one to yours at Trafford).

Why not buy mine (discount for cash) and just swap the plates - no one will know but us - and anyone reading this, and the VIN won't match and - not such a great idea after all..... :eek:

Unless you want my engine...... :)

·
Administrator
5,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
why? I was looking foreword to seeing who had done what, next time we met:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
Also check that where you park it is classed as off the road, basically anywhere other than you own property is on road, 9/10 communal parking areas or bays are on road and don't park on the verge, you will end up with a fine.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
why? I was looking foreword to seeing who had done what, next time we met:rolleyes:
A few reasons. Need an estate, getting fed up with spending £70 a week on commuting (22-25 mpg just isn't funny when it's out my pocket!)

Plan on buying an Alfa 'project' so all's not lost. Just might have to park the oil burning Swede on the other side of the car park at the next Tarfford meet :eek:

:lol:

·
Administrator
5,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Don't do it:tut:, do like me sorn it, week car boring ford focus estate, weekends (hot summer lets hope) country lanes v6 sound as you put the throttle down at 3000 rpm and don't forget the meets at trafford, its winter and the head wins over the heart but the heart comes to life when the suns shines:cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts