Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had our Giulietta 170 MA TCT Speciale for about 6 Months and have noticed that the chrome exhaust tip gets a sooty deposit on it. I have to use Autosol to remove it, does this mean it is burning oil?
I have topped up oil once but think that was because it was low when we first bought it, only done 2500mls. Used to have Giulietta 170jtdm and the exhaust tips always stayed clean, any ideas. Thanks.

·
Registered
38,451 Posts
They are not chrome they are stainless you should be able to recover them with wet and dry and metal polish. Mine look good when clean but the rest of the exhaust is starting to look ropey.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
What I have now is nothing compared to what I used to have when I had Supersprint rear exhaust installed :).

·
Registered
354 Posts
My MA TCT does it too whereas my previous diesel's were as clean as the day they left the factory. Odd, it always used to be diesels that went sooty while petrols stayed clean!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks to all

OK well that's a relief thanks for all the replies, yes funny my G' diesel exhaust tips were always clean. I guess it's just something else to polish now!:thumbup:

·
Registered
224 Posts
hmm my brand new 1 week old GQV TCT has sooty exhaust tips too! Could it be caused by too many short trips or maybe the car is being driven too gently?

·
Registered
38,451 Posts
I think it is pretty normal. I cannot remember having a car which didn't do it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts