Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Clare's Sister is in Hospital (Swansea) getting ready to pop her first sprog:cool:

She's not been too well and has the early stages of pre-eclampsia (Sp??) so is in the the maternity HDU:( She's in the process of being induced:vomit:

The baby (a Girl) will be 5 weeks premature but they reckon everything will be fine:thumbs:

Hopefully it'll pop out today so we can go home tomorrow and not come all the way back down before we head to Europe on Thursday!

Will keep y'all posted:thumbs:

·
Administrator
60,119 Posts
Excellent news :thumbs: I hope it all goes well. :D My brother's twins were 7 weeks early and they were both fine.

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
I loved attending to the Oxygen flowmeters and vacuum units in SCBU, when I was doing my rounds as basic tech. support. Really nice to see the wee mites and watch them progress until finally mum and dad could take them home. A really satisfying job that was, with the added bonus of nice nurses too.:):

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
I'm sure everything will be fine, the medics work wonders these days :thumbs:

Mmm Aunty Clare nice,........Uncle Simon "big ugly bald welsh bloke" - well you cant have everything can you :cheese:

·
Registered
526 Posts
I had the same thing - my first child was induced 4 weeks early as I had pre-eclampsia. Everything was fine. She was in ICU for a while as she weighed less than 5ibs and developed jaundice (which most premature babies do) but a few days under a special light cleared that up. She's now 21 :)

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Baby Ffion Elizabeth Evans has been born. Not sure of the weight yet as taken to an incubator as a bit small. Mother pretty good though. Will visit tomorrow:DAt Gtleigh:tut::mad: :lol:

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Congratulations!

H

·
0 Posts
I'm sure everything will be fine, the medics work wonders these days :thumbs:

Mmm Aunty Clare nice,........Uncle Simon "big ugly bald welsh bloke" - well you cant have everything can you :cheese:
:cheese:

Congrats to the Happy parents from me and Jan :thumbs:

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The baby is only 3lb 10oz so tiny:wow:

I'm sure I've taken bigger dumps than that:eek:

So far so good though and the don't seem overly concerned:cool:

Will see her & my Sis in Law tomorrow:D

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks everyone:thumbs:

This is little Ffion:cool:

She's sooo dinky yet sooo active:wow:

Will see her again in 4 weeks so she'll be bigger by then:thumbs:

Attachments

H

·
0 Posts
Simon if that's your hand in the incubator she's huge ;) :lol:

Nice to here little Ffion is doing well :thumbs:

·
Registered
30,408 Posts
Congratulations Simon.
I hope her and mum are doing well - pre-eclampsia can be a very dodgy thing so good to see that everything has gone well :thumbs: :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts