Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I`m soon to be a proud new Mito owner - will be picking up saturday.

One thing I didnt check was the quality of the sound system - I know the blue and me system is brilliant as I used to have it on a Fiat A500 but was wondering what the standard set up was like, sound quality etc as far as manufacturer units go...

Thanks

·
Registered
143 Posts
Personally, it's the best stereo set I've had in a car. And I've had a few. Make sure you set loudness on, then tweak the bass/treble and EQ to your preference.

No shortage of power at all.

·
Registered
573 Posts
i'm quite an audio snob but found the standard speakers really very good indeed

have not tried the bose,and no doubt they are good as all bose seems to be, but with the standard setup (blaupunkt) as good as it is i didn't feel the need to upgrade

do tweak the bass and treble though, and unless you like cruising up and down up and down with the windows down on a friday night, annoying everyone, or are extremely hard of hearing, the standard one is more than loud enough without the cones distorting

·
Premium Member
42,855 Posts
IMO my standard system is erm ...a bit pants :eek: ... but the last two vehicles did have Bose systems :cry:

Roll on car change day :D

·
Registered
573 Posts
IMO my standard system is erm ...a bit pants
have they changed it from before? I'm in a 120 from 2009 and it's a blaupunkt one - they might have scrimped a bit in order to get more people to buy bose

hope not....

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Bass up full
Treble +2
Loudness on
Volume 15
Let the beats rock!
When shuffling through my music the other day, a song came on that I hadn't heard in a while and I was amazed at how much bass there was! I prefer it to my bros Bose in his A3. :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the info, im moving from a Z4 with upgraded Hifi audio and 10 speakers so I know there's gonna be a difference but had a fiat 500 before that and im hoping its better than that, as that struggled with bass.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Love the standard system: generally listen to either Dance or Classical, or occasional Radio 2 rock or pop.
Good bass and mid, and the tweeters are excellently positioned. I think the whole acoustics have really been thought through on the Mito. Apart from the road noise above about 65 ; )
I added +1 Bass and +1 Treble and preselected "Jazz" EQ. Alternatively there's (I think) a 5-band graphic called 'custom' or something.
Like it a lot, think you'll be impressed.

Had a 2008 Fiesta from new, the standard system in that was apalling.
So is this Alfa standard system actually a Blaupunkt (2011 Mitos) ?

On another note I stopped using really cheap memory sticks and got a couple of red TDK ones for about £1 more. Result: MP3s dont pause on Blue & Me.
Another thing I noticed since there's a stereo symbol on the radio: a lot of London dance stations are mono.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Mav,

My girlfriend has an A500 so hope i can help a little bit here... She went for the sound upgrade so not quite sure if it will be the exact sound you are used to but compared to my Mito it has a much deaper bass sound to it.

We both like the rock music and there are times in my Mito where the speakers do struggle a little bit with the bass parts of a song where as her A500 doesnt.

However there are a few threads on here where Mito users have added a sub and removed the stress from the speakers to take care of that problem!

Apart from that i think the sound is sweet in the Mito, the speakers can handle a fair amount of noise going through them and to be honnest i do prefer the sound from my Mito then i do her A500... without a doute:D

For everyday use its more then enough, if you are in to listening to your music loud enough to feel it (like me :p) i think a sub upgrade will be enough for you, if you want to really 'rock it' then for the same money as the bose upgrade im sure you could get a truely awesome setup... Thats my plan anyway :thumbs:

Hope this helps

·
Premium Member
42,855 Posts
Hi Mav,

My girlfriend has an A500 so hope i can help a little bit here... She went for the sound upgrade so not quite sure if it will be the exact sound you are used to but compared to my Mito it has a much deaper bass sound to it.

We both like the rock music and there are times in my Mito where the speakers do struggle a little bit with the bass parts of a song where as her A500 doesnt.

However there are a few threads on here where Mito users have added a sub and removed the stress from the speakers to take care of that problem!

Apart from that i think the sound is sweet in the Mito, the speakers can handle a fair amount of noise going through them and to be honnest i do prefer the sound from my Mito then i do her A500... without a doute:D

For everyday use its more then enough, if you are in to listening to your music loud enough to feel it (like me :p) i think a sub upgrade will be enough for you, if you want to really 'rock it' then for the same money as the bose upgrade im sure you could get a truely awesome setup... Thats my plan anyway :thumbs:

Hope this helps

That's more or less what's the problem IMO .... needs a sub to take the stress of the door speakers ... too much bass going through them :(

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
hi, i added a pioneer sub that fits in the spare wheel just like the bose does, i wanted more bass because of the kind of music i play, it sounds great, the standard system sounded fine at lower volumes though, i came from a jag xj6 which had the harman kardon upgrade and i pondered getting the bose but i couldn't justify the price (it was 600 quid then, now it's 650!) if you find the sound isn't what you want there are far better (and far cheaper) ways of improving it than the bose upgrade

1 - 16 of 16 Posts