Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I was wondering wether the MiTo is a good first car, also wether the Sony XAV-AX1000 is compatible with the car.
Thanks,
Mito6

Registered
Would say it's a decent enough first car, although personally somewhat less convinced by diesel and twin-air models.

The MitoRegister has lots of useful stuff to read through to help you make up your mind, including a buyers guide: https://www.mitoregister.com/fileadmin/MitoRegister/Docs/HowTo_Guides_Useful_Info/MiTo_Buyers_Guide_v1.pdf

RE head unit - double-din units can be fitted, although I've been putting it off since I know there's a bit of a faff fitting all the wiring back in behind the dash (space is limited). See this guide for how to fit a double-din head unit: https://www.mitoregister.com/fileadmin/MitoRegister/Docs/HowTo_Guides_Useful_Info/MiTo_Double_DIN_Upgrade_v1.pdf

Registered
Double din headunits can be a bit hit and miss, it kind of depends what you want it to do and what your factory setup is.

I think you can get adapters for the basic steering wheel controls but you won't get all the features or the media player through the display between the dials, or connect to the standard Bluetooth / aux in, but of course if you're happy using everything through the headunits itself then you can get a lot more features on an aftermarket unit.

I think mitos make good first cars. They're generally solidly built and have excellent safety ratings, decent forward and side visibility, pretty large mirrors, and in general not as many are owned ( or crashed ) by over enthusiastic youngsters as the equivalent corsa.

The controls are light, and they're easy to drive. There are a wide range of engine options so it might be worth getting some insurance quotes and trying a few out as several fill the same sort of power output. There are the two normal 1.4 engines, the 1.4 non turbo multiair, and the twinair engines all around the 100bhp area, then the various turbocharged 1.4 options as well as the 1.3 and 1.6 diesels!

On the downside, rear 3/4 visibility is fairly poor due to the thick c-pillar and small rear windows, and having seen lots of for sale ads the protruding arches can be a common contact point for knocks and scrapes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts