Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys i know this thread has been done to death but im confused from reading some of the past posts.

Basicly the bottom line is i wish to connect my sony NZW- A818 mp2 player to the Bose / blaupunk System . How . help what do i need and how to do it ...:confused: :confused: :confused:

Sorry for sounding dim...

N

·
0 Posts
Easiest is to use a tethered FM modulator:
e.g.:

Clarion FM863 - only £24.99 inc VAT : Ray Smith Car Audio

Just need to plug the car antenna into it, plug it into the
stereo's antenna connector and plug your audio feed into
the phono plugs. Then just power it with +12V switched.

The additional switch is to turn it off if you have any problems with
normal radio reception.

I use one that read USB Keys and has an RDS menu system
for track titles etc:
Kenwood KOS-A200 external media controller with RDS encoder - KOS-A200 from Kenwood

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
presuming you don't have a CD changer, you can convert the CD input socket into an auxiliary input. this requires an adaptor cable; but not just a blaupunkt one. it needs to be modified to 'trick' the headunit into thinking a CD changer is connected; this requires 'jumping' a couple of the pins. in doing so, 'CD changer' becomes an extra 'source' (in addition to CD and tuner).

there's some threads about it in this forum; worth trying a search. otherwise, i can try and elaborate if you want (i don't know full details, so would do the same search myself, but may know what to look for).

:)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
presuming you don't have a CD changer, you can convert the CD input socket into an auxiliary input. this requires an adaptor cable; but not just a blaupunkt one. it needs to be modified to 'trick' the headunit into thinking a CD changer is connected; this requires 'jumping' a couple of the pins. in doing so, 'CD changer' becomes an extra 'source' (in addition to CD and tuner).

there's some threads about it in this forum; worth trying a search. otherwise, i can try and elaborate if you want (i don't know full details, so would do the same search myself, but may know what to look for).

yes thnx thats exactly what i want to do .i`m hoping to go to an ice shop near me in sunny essex and then doctor it, is this easy to to as it seams hard. cheers in advance .

·
7,713 Posts
not hard if you know how to solder and work with switches/electronics.

this link outlines the process. note that 'data-in' and 'data-out' terminals that needs to be 'jumped' (connected) to make things work. so you can simply modify a blaupunkt auxiliary-in adaptor by adding the switched connections.

auxin

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
not hard if you know how to solder and work with switches/electronics.

this link outlines the process. note that 'data-in' and 'data-out' terminals that needs to be 'jumped' (connected) to make things work. so you can simply modify a blaupunkt auxiliary-in adaptor by adding the switched connections.

auxin

Has any any idea wheer i can get one of these blaupunkt auxiliary-in adaptor as i went in a car Ice shop and he had no idea. .....:cry: :cry:

Strike that : is this what i`d be after ?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....s=algo=SI&its=I%2BIA&itu=IA%2BUCI&otn=4&ps=42

or this ?
http://search.stores.ebay.co.uk/KTD...tQ20carQ20stereoQ20AuxQ2dinQ203Q2e5mmQQsofpZ0

·
7,713 Posts
it needs to be like the 2nd one (with BLUE mini-ISO plug) BUT with the modification i mentioned.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts