Alfa Romeo Forum banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
7,168 Posts
DJ Sammy's "Heaven". Was the choice of myself and the current MrsDibnah* for our first dance at our wedding.

I appreciate it's a schmaltzy cover of a Bryan Adam's song so deserves some level of shoeing - but you like what you like.

I really like Mariah Carey's "We Belong Together" as well - but I'm told that's a flat out embarrassment by many too.

* The first MrsDibnah and I didn't have a first dance song for our wedding, but if Carlsberg did them back then, it would by rights have been "Shaddappa Your Face" by Joe Dolce

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
OK Muz, you will have to accept being beaten on this one. I own this record and I play it (when no-one's around) and I like it.
Not a chance! Everything The Four Seasons did was cool, I cannot believe that anyone who loves music frowns on anything they did. In fact they made one of my all time top 10 pop songs!

You’ll have to try again ;)

I am starting to worry about myself and all the falsetto songs I like though! Talking of which I am surprised no Bee Gee songs have been posted on this thread.

·
Administrator
45,547 Posts
Oh, oh, oh!

I've just realised that I totally win this thread. I have the geekiest song of all time in my 'reluctantly like it' list.

You want to know how geeky and awful this is?

The band is a K-pop band.

No wait, it gets worse.

They are an augmented reality virtual K-pop band. That's right - each of the members is an animated character.

No wait, it gets worse!

The characters are from the computer game 'League of Legends'.

As for the reason I like the song, it might be even more geeky. It's because it's a track from the VR game Beat Saber, and it works fantastically well in that game.

I give you POP/STARS by K/DA.

Man, I'd never seen the video before, that makes it even worse.

This is more how I know it. Although I absolutely don't play it on Expert+!

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Oh, oh, oh!

I've just realised that I totally win this thread. I have the geekiest song of all time in my 'reluctantly like it' list.

You want to know how geeky and awful this is?

The band is a K-pop band.

No wait, it gets worse.

They are an augmented reality virtual K-pop band. That's right - each of the members is an animated character.

No wait, it gets worse!

I can’t express how big my frown is on listening to that!

The characters are from the computer game 'League of Legends'.

As for the reason I like the song, it might be even more geeky. It's because it's a track from the VR game Beat Saber, and it works fantastically well in that game.

I give you POP/STARS by K/DA.

Man, I'd never seen the video before, that makes it even worse.

This is more how I know it. Although I absolutely don't play it on Expert+!

Seek help....NOW ;)

we have a winner, close the thread!

·
Registered
9,095 Posts
I've never seen Beat Saber before. That's quite impressive how the music, the block blatting and sound effects work. I don't mind the song either.

·
Administrator
45,547 Posts
Have you not? It's an absolutely incredible experience.

All the songs which come with the game are little known things, or specifically recorded for the game, like the one I linked.

But there is a website absolutely bursting with fan made songs. 99.9% of them are terrible, with the person who made it not really getting how you need to design the map so that the users movements match the song. But the good ones are truly excellent.

This one for instance is awesome:

And this one, while another embarrassing song, actually gets you performing some of the dance moves with clever placement of blocks.

The other thing about Beat Saber is that it is a hell of a workout. :D

·
Administrator
45,547 Posts
Seek help....NOW ;)

we have a winner, close the thread!
Told you.

Mind you, on the subject of animated characters singing, don't pretend we didn't all have a grudging like for:

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
excuse me, but this is descending into a thread about good 80's songs. :p

We are supposed to be posting songs that we shouldn't really like, are we not?

So...have a crap song that reminds me of a great holiday in Spain

I really like that song too. It’s too cheerful not to like :)

61 - 70 of 70 Posts