61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Talking of CCR... a couple of decent covers of their songs;
Up around the bend - Hanoi Rocks
Run through the jungle - Georgia Satellites
I only recently found out that Rocking All Over The World was a John Fogerty song and not a Status Quo original!

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
I only recently found out that Rocking All Over The World was a John Fogerty song and not a Status Quo original!
I never knew that... I think John Fogerty is very underrated and has influenced so many more other musicians than people realise.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
My favourite is still by Charles Trenet in the French version - Le Mer but this English version by Jeff Lynne is so much better than Bobby Darins for me.

Perfect uplifting song on this nice sunny morning in these tough times

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
No, no, no... Quite the opposite... she destroyed it. But then I can't stand the winer
We’ll have to agree to differ. Most talented British female singer of the last couple of decades imo

Back to Black is a fabulous album. Tragic what happened to her, but such is sometimes the way with very talented musicians

·
Registered
7,346 Posts
'Coming Around Again' the Carly Simon song, covered by Ash. Love it.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Banana Splits! Playing old singles and found this bright yellow number :D
Toy Dolls "Nellie the Elephant" too - love punk that lives for 3 minutes and doesn't care.

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,409 Posts
On the subject of Oasis, their version of The Beatles ‘I am the Walrus’ is much better than the original

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
On the subject of Oasis, their version of The Beatles ‘I am the Walrus’ is much better than the original
Their versions of Hey Hey My My and Cum on Feel the Noize are both very good

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
I'm worried about you if you genuinely think that cacophony is better than the Hendrix version 😱 !
I have just had another listen and have to laugh that you think it’s a cacophony! Have you listened to much Hendrix? He is the KING of cacophony, you should love Neil’s version:);)

In all seriousness Young is a very under rated guitarist imo, up there with the best. So many styles of playing too.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Personally much prefer this version to the Everly Brothers

i think that he may be miming here as the voice seems to be double tracked.

Great drummer in Traffic too

·
Registered
11,443 Posts
I have just had another listen and have to laugh that you think it’s a cacophony! Have you listened to much Hendrix? He is the KING of cacophony, you should love Neil’s version:);)

In all seriousness Young is a very under rated guitarist imo, up there with the best. So many styles of playing too.
Each to their own, I suppose you're entitled to your opinions, however wrong they might be:D

61 - 80 of 81 Posts