Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Administrator
45,534 Posts
I told Mrs Bazza that I'd want this played at my funeral, and it completely brings her down every time she hears it now.

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
i find most songs on x-factor bring a tear to my eye.

tears of outright despair
:confused: I've never understood people how clearly watch the X factor and then slag it off ?

I can quite happily say that I cannot slag it off, not watching a single episode this year.

C

·
0 Posts
Sailing by Rod Stewart - it was played as dad's coffin went behind the curtains at the crem :cry:

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
There is an advert constantly on SKY nowdays, which is asking for cash for abused Children, and the music they use for it is::......" I'll stand by you " by The Pretenders, and the mixture of pictures, words, images and THAT song, is probably the most haunting / moving thing I've seen / heard in Years. Certainly brought a tear to my eyes, when I first saw it.......

Just found it:::

Here it is::

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMN8iQ7dLaI

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
Brilliant Track Indeed:::.......:thumbs:

Saw them playing this " live " a few Years ago at the 02 Arena, and you could have heard a pin drop in the place, it was SO powerful. No mean feat as there were about 20,000 people in the vast 02 Arena at the time, all waiting for Nickelback to come on.......:)

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,710 Posts
Pendragonfalls - that Kate Bush song is lovely. Top choice.

I always feel a pang of emotional sorrow listening to this song below. It's about being lonely, a loner, and putting on a charade to quell the desperate desire to be loved. The song's very last line says it all.

Teitur - "The Singer" - Live on The 11th Hour - YouTube

This next song I like because lyrically and melodically, it's super, but it sings of lost hope, and optimism overcoming what's lost. (This artist also has a song called 'One More Mile'; I think this song is an extension of that thinking...that in life you just have to keep going, keep going, keep going). "...deal cards and hope that I can play a better hand this time." (Ignore the appalling video).

Tom McRae - Got a Suitcase got Regrets - YouTube

Finally, I've had many a weep to this. I think it is beautiful (pants video, sorry)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KVMAvAe9Ug

1 - 20 of 36 Posts