Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear all,

Need some help to understand what is the problem.

When I move off in first gear with a strong acceleration I feel like something is slipping... :eek:
I have change the clutch recently, clutch master cylinder & piping.

As well, but it is lighter when I change from 4 th to 3 rd using engine break (once again going a bit fast).

I look forward to hear from you guys..
Andre

·
Registered
480 Posts
When I move off in first gear with a strong acceleration I feel like something is slipping... :eek:
I have change the clutch recently, clutch master cylinder & piping.
If you only changed the master cylinder and pipes it could be something simple like the adjustment at the slave cylinder or the pedal is not set correctly. Otherwise, if you changed the clutch itself, it looks like something isn't right with it. Did you change the clutch as a complete kit - friction plate, pressure plate & release bearing? Any chance of oil or grease contamination of the friction plate when it was put back together?

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Yes did you change the pressure plate as well?
anyway first test i would try, to make sure it is clutch slippage is: Handbrake on hard, engage second or third gear, then let the clutch out slowly whilst keeping the revs up, say 2000-3000rpm...does engine conk out? If so i would say cutch is ok! If not, you have a problem.

Did the problem happen immediately after you put in the new clutch?

·
Registered
62 Posts
like the adjustment at the slave cylinder or the pedal is not set correctly. Otherwise, if you changed the clutch itself, it looks like something isn't right with it. Did you change the clutch as a complete kit - friction plate, pressure plate & release bearing? Any chance of oil or grease contamination of the friction plate when it was put back together?
Yes did you change the pressure plate as well?
anyway first test i would try, to make sure it is clutch slippage is: Handbrake on hard, engage second or third gear, then let the clutch out slowly whilst keeping the revs up, say 2000-3000rpm...does engine conk out? If so i would say cutch is ok! If not, you have a problem.

Did the problem happen immediately after you put in the new clutch?
Slave Cylinder do not Adjust!
That 2-3k sounds like a good way to warp and burn a new clutch:wow:

Contamination sounds likely

What was an answer on the PP?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi thanks for yopur answer.

Well yeah not too keen in trying to burn my clutch.

Maybe I wasn't clear in my explanation but the splipping feel come from the back.
I am wondering if that could be the diff??
Feels like vibration when I move off from the back with the impression that there is no grip.
SOrry it's quite hard to explain the phenome...

·
Registered
566 Posts
Could it just be a bit of wheel spin? If I pull away too vigorously my S4 does a brief wheelspin, seems very easy to do!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts