Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Theres a Super just appeared on ebay, 30k on a V plate. Sort of recognise the number plate from another Ad. Ultra low mileage, but car looks like its done more than that?
He claims Sat-Nav, Premium sound and CD, but the pic in the boot appears to show a carpet layout which has no rack, let alone the components!
Did the Super not have a CD as standard, have seen no leather often enough, but no CD??
Anyone else recognise that JEU number plate?

·
Registered
7,120 Posts
I think the JEU plate is quite common, however

ICS in pnput code mode
where are the horseshoe alloys?
as said, no satnav or CD in boot (indeed the cigarette lighter is missing si a TomTom is beiing used)
best of all

say fitted with 'the rare 5 speed gearbox'

rare as in most 3.0s have a six speed :cheese:

carpets are mucky too for a low mileage car

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2000-V-REG-AL...ewItemQQptZAutomobiles_UK?hash=item3a571d6fb2

·
Registered
10,019 Posts
Might be worth contacting the seller though if you're in that area - not too far from me. It could be a real steal.

Jay, have you had a sneaky peak - could be what you're after?

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Loving the descriptions - "expert-ease", and "the sat-nav or heating system doesn't work" - maybe if you program the ICS code in....:rolleyes:

Looking at the countryside scenery, if it is genuine, it looks like a farm, so it may not have been used much & if it has it's been lugging around dirty machinery or farm tools. A very good clean up using a bit of elbow grease would do the trick. Still not sure about that "rare" 5 speed box though :cheese:

My biggest problem with this is why start the bidding off at 99p if it works & drives as nice as he describes?

·
Registered
10,943 Posts
:cheese::cheese:
Dead easy th 99p ? A166I....It's a loss leader to start a bidding frenzy.:lol:Bet it works too.

BUT:cry: it hus 3 keys...one expert guide says that alone is worth 2.5k..well it used to.:cheese:

BUT

I wanna button ....i wanna button.

start and stops ona button....I want mine tae oppppur8 affa abutton:cheese:

BUT
Is that what an emty boot looks like..I can hardly remember....
BUT its just like Old Mothe Hubbards cupboard.:lol:
NAe sat nav nae cd player in the usual places.

Worth 99p to me though
Pomeo

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
Theres a Super just appeared on ebay, 30k on a V plate. Sort of recognise the number plate from another Ad. Ultra low mileage, but car looks like its done more than that?
He claims Sat-Nav, Premium sound and CD, but the pic in the boot appears to show a carpet layout which has no rack, let alone the components!
Did the Super not have a CD as standard, have seen no leather often enough, but no CD??
Anyone else recognise that JEU number plate?
Super wasn't a trim level - just described the 3.0 manual....lusso was the trim and everything else could be specced up. For the later cars they introduced the trim levels like tourismo etc...I guess that's why no two early cars are the same as each other!

J

·
0 Posts
am i missing something here :confused:

'Sat nav and heating panel not working' WTF is he talking about, it would appear the sat nav wont work because it isn't there....
I can see a multichanger either, should that not be on the N/S inner boot panel?
30K miles and only one stamp in the book, and it is well overdue a cambelt by now, i bet that hasn't been done ...

JEU is a Bristol Registration number, this was the time when Alfa were coming into Avonmouth Docks, i would imagine it was registered dockside which was common at that time

possibly a nice car, if everything checked out, the colour isn't my cup of tea though

I have asked him where the Sat Nav unit is and where the CD player is....lets see what comes back :lol:

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
My car has a 'dealer fit' 6 CD changer fitted and it is mounted to the underside of the rear parcel shelf. You can't see it unless you shove your head in the boot! :lol: Perhaps his car is the same? Definitely no satnav though!

·
Registered
10,943 Posts
am i missing something here :confused:

'Sat nav and heating panel not working' WTF is he talking about, it would appear the sat nav wont work because it isn't there....
No not really Jay....He is...First off the ICS code.:cheese: As purple has pointed out.

Oh an Purple..re the carpets...A relation of Pigfarmer perhaps, in name only.

Pomeo

·
Registered
303 Posts
Interesting that no one has said, the 3.0 v6 never came with a 5 speed box, only 6 speed or 4 speed auto. So wonder if its had a gearbox change in the past to a 5, or he realy realy doesn't know what he's talking about! Or type 5 instead of 6!

·
Registered
10,943 Posts
Interesting that no one has said, the 3.0 v6 never came with a 5 speed box, only 6 speed or 4 speed auto. So wonder if its had a gearbox change in the past to a 5, or he realy realy doesn't know what he's talking about! Or type 5 instead of 6!
Err Purple touched on it 10 hours ago mark.
Me i wouldn'y have known.

Pomeo

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I said that too, nobody noticed the sarcasm!

Gearbox change would be possible, but why is a 5 speed 2.5V6 on a 3.0V6? Hope it's just a typo, but if he's genuine what's happened to the original gearbox before 30k miles?

I've asked the seller a few questions let's see what his answers are :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
They did do it in a 5 speed, he actually right..............''the rare 5spd version!'' Although its actually the 6speed thats classed as rare.

·
Registered
10,943 Posts
They did do it in a 5 speed, he actually right..............''the rare 5spd version!'' Although its actually the 6speed thats classed as rare.
Jist when I thought I was getting the hang of it.:cheese:

Pomeo

J

·
0 Posts
maybe he doesn't realise it has a 6 speed box in it :cheese:

i have known this happen in the past, owner had the car for 2 years before finding that out......

seller is also slow to answer questions, when i have sold cars on ebay i have been sure Q's get sorted asap, especially so close to the end of the auction

1 - 20 of 35 Posts