Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving home from holiday in my beloved 2006 159 2.2L (Melbourne, Australia) when after travelling about 100km, the car all of a sudden started to hesitate and lose power as soon as I accelarated . I gradually lost power on a hill and noticed the "current fuel consumption" on the trip computer start climb up to unheard of levels (40 litres per 100km at one stage).

It rolled along as long as I kept my foot feather light on the accelerator but I was soon down to a crawl (20km/h) in 2nd gear on any hill. I was able to nurse the car home and thought it might have been dirty fuel, but once I turned the engine off and restarted it was fine....then the same thing happened again after 100km....then was fine again once I stopped and re-started the car.

There was no pinning sounds, no warning lights and gears felt fine. Anyone experienced anything like this before. I'm stumped...and worried! It's been the most reliable car I've ever owned until now and I've done 102,000km of mostly freeway driving.

Hope you can help!

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Maf?

·
Premium Member
1,848 Posts
best bet would be to get it connected to a diagnostic prog like fiatecuscan and see what error codes its throwing up

1 - 3 of 3 Posts