Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
driving up bury new road this lunchtime, 2 asian women in a golf veered straight across me into the inside lane and sideswiped the front wing of my car, despite me doing an emergency stop and swerving out of the way. i got out of my car and the b**tch DROVE OFF :mad: :rant:

jumped back in my car and went after them but they'd disappeared by that point. I'M FUMING :mad:

anyway, she'll be having a visit from greater manchester police in the morning and will be reported for failing to stop, and possibly for driving without due care and attention as well. luckily the car is registered on the police's system as a green golf and the keeper has an asian surname so it should be the right address. i've had a look on askmid.com and the car is insured, but i'm not holding out any hope - there were no witnesses as all the surrounding cars just drove off when the lights went green, so no doubt she'll just deny it was her fault and her insurers won't cough up. anyone know any dodgy police officers who'll provide me with her name and address for a small bung?

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,359 Posts
ouch. get in touch with the fuzz first of all mate then see what they say

on the plus side, even though damage is never nice, it doesnt look that bad. i know thats not the point though

best of luck with it mate :)

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i rang the police there and then, it was them who told me about the possible charge of driving without due care and attention. the damage is a scrape on the front wing and side of the bumper, plus a nasty dent on the wing and it's also been forced out into a bump behind it. the paint's all cracked down to the metal as well.

i want her address. i have matches.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
That's not good mate. :(
Did she look at you or acknowledge you when you got out?
Looking at the damage did she hit your wheel? Might have damaged suspension parts or knocked the tracking out?

·
Registered
15,172 Posts
Bad luck Al. Hopefully the rozzers can match up a mark on her car with yours, but then it's down to blame - but why would YOU stop and they drive off ad not make a complaint if you had hit them...

Is there any CCTV on the road?

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bad luck Al. Hopefully the rozzers can match up a mark on her car with yours, but then it's down to blame - but why would YOU stop and they drive off ad not make a complaint if you had hit them...

Is there any CCTV on the road?
i'm not sure - there's a mcdonalds nearby which hopefully has cctv, but whether it'll be trained on the main road is doubtful. i'll have a look in the morning when i'm passing that way again. i just wish somebody who saw it had the decency to stop and act as a witness but nobody bothered, even though it was absolutely BLATANTLY her to blame as she just pulled out of her lane and veered right across me in the inside lane :(

·
Registered
37,151 Posts
B****** Hope you get it sorted AL.

If they thought they were not to blame why did they drive off?

That has to be asked if they try and deny that they are at fault.

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
Thats nasty , hope the police do their bit and can tie the damage on her car to yours.
I witnessed someone hit a parked car once, followed the culprit and got his number then went back to parked car and knocked on a few doors until I found the owner and gave him the details, never heard anything though.

·
Registered
19,792 Posts
:(

Burn them :mad:

S

·
0 Posts
Flipping heck man, makes you wonder why we bother looking after our cars when people do things like that :(

H

·
0 Posts
That's what you get for laughing at my supermarket trolly dent in exactly the same place :p

Seriously mate I feel for you it probably looks worse in the picture than it is :)

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
it's not so much the damage but the CIRCUMSTANCES :mad: i still can't believe she just drove off. there was an almighty crunch & scrape sound so as far as i'm concerned it's impossible that she didn't realise she'd hit me

i have a feeling that the car's OWNER is insured but SHE isn't - and possibly not licensed to drive either. why else would she drive off? :confused:

i hope nobody's going to wave the race card here because that isn't the case, but there IS a big problem with unlicensed, uninsured drivers in that particular community in that part of manchester

·
Registered
10,884 Posts
it's not so much the damage but the CIRCUMSTANCES :mad: i still can't believe she just drove off. there was an almighty crunch & scrape sound so as far as i'm concerned it's impossible that she didn't realise she'd hit me

i have a feeling that the car's OWNER is insured but SHE isn't - and possibly not licensed to drive either. why else would she drive off? :confused:

i hope nobody's going to wave the race card here because that isn't the case, but there IS a big problem with unlicensed, uninsured drivers in that particular community in that part of manchester
Hope you get it sorted AA..It's a real nuisance when the letter of the law is not followed.
Once upon a time everone drove on 1 driving licence and 1 cert of insurance and all was well.Till the world got wise to it.

I just got my new cert of insurance in and a new clause.

You can only use this cer tof insurance to recover the vehicle with the vrm on it and no other if it has been seized by or on behalf of any gov or public authority.

How times are a changing.

Pomeo

In an ideal world she gets done and you get your car fixed at her expense...
hope you havecomp ins and protected ...just in case.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts