1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
How bad? i.e. how deep, down to primer or metal?, size etc etc

·
Registered
900 Posts
Mate thats horrible, first call would be chips away BUT u will always have the line as all that will happen is the area will be filled and painted and then buffed until smooth.

In my opinion it needs sides fully painting for your Mito to be 100% right.

All the best keep us informed, I have a deep gauge on my front bumper that Im sorting myself at the minute but cant imagine on a new car how it feels.

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
not sure whereabouts in manc you are WT, but the guy over the road from me (trades cars for a living) uses chris redmond (chipsaway) every few weeks and swears by him. not sure if they have to stick to specific 'catchment areas' though? :confused:

i'm in bury btw

·
Registered
7,165 Posts
I have to agree with tyrerc on this. I don't think it's the sort of repair Chipsaway can do well; worth asking though - if my experience (with a different agent) is anything to go by, you should get an honest appraisal of whether or not they can do a satisfactory job.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
That's shocking! :mad: :tut: They should be hung by their gonads!
We had our (alfa red) GT bumped in a car park a few months back so we took it to G&J Leese near Macclesfield who did a very good job at the repair. They are Alfa approved - Mangos use them.

G & J Leese - Google Maps

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
not sure whereabouts in manc you are WT, but the guy over the road from me (trades cars for a living) uses chris redmond (chipsaway) every few weeks and swears by him. not sure if they have to stick to specific 'catchment areas' though? :confused:

i'm in bury btw
I ma in Prestwich. I completed the online form on the Chips Away website and it through up Ricky Tsang as my nearest agent. Going to call my insurers and get a quote from Bauer Millets.

G

·
Cant understand why scum bags do this it makes me so mad that they dont care for anyone's property. Hang them at dawn I say :mad:

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well as it is a new car I have a choice. A cheap temporary fix, user Bauer Millet where I got it from (£580 plus vat) or use UK assistance, my insures approved repairer. Has any one used UK Assistance, Pilsworth Industrial Estate, Heywood, Bury? What are they like?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts