Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Administrator
46,726 Posts
Not sure it should be in the GTA lounge. ;)

I'm pretty sure this is owned by someone on here, I've seen it discussed at length before.

·
Registered
508 Posts
'You would only know by opening the bonnet'. Or, of course, by turning the key...

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
A wine bottle containing water ?
A real sheep in wolf's clothing. I have never seen the point if this kind of dressing up. If anything, I prefer it the other way round. Only those in the know have any inkling it's a Q car.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Toyota MR2's dressed up as Ferrari 355's spring to mind....not really my cup of tea, I'd prefer the full 100%.

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
No, I thought exactly the same. As someone else said, it's perfect for an engine swap, fiat coupe, etc. It's a gorgeous looking car regardless of what's under the bonnet.
That's what I thought! It would then be more powerful and better balanced than a standard GTA

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Have to agree with Mitch - looks great and a real labour of love for someone. How about buying it and fitting a Fiat Coupe engine to it ? :devious:
You cant fit a FIAT Coupe engine to a 147 unless you redo the whole wiring in the whole car.
The 147 is a CANBUS car, the FIAT Coupe is not. :)

A better option would be to turbocharge the existing engine.

Or even better, get a 3.0 / 3.2 litre engine and a V6 gearbox + driveshafts.

·
Registered
913 Posts
You cant fit a FIAT Coupe engine to a 147 unless you redo the whole wiring in the whole car.
The 147 is a CANBUS car, the FIAT Coupe is not. :)

A better option would be to turbocharge the existing engine.

Or even better, get a 3.0 / 3.2 litre engine and a V6 gearbox + driveshafts.
There was an I5 2.4 and I5 2.0 Turbo in Lancia Thesis, which had full canbus system. So basically the same engine as in Fiat Coupe just a bit modernized (and detuned for better low-end torque). Never sold in the UK though...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts