Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
B&£7&$Ds!!! :mad: Report it to the police, it's a criminal act of vandalism (plus they might have a file on the blighters in that area even if you didn't see/catch them). Then I'd just hope you've got some kind of insurance for this kind of thing (fully comp?).

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
The same thing happened to me (there is a thread somewhere). I got it fixed by my insurance company. I wanted to get it done by my dealer, but Churchill prefer you to use their own repaires (who are all part of the same company) and they made it extremely difficult. I used their repaires in the end and although they did a good job, they were not exactly careful. Just a word of warning.

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
That happened to me too. But 2 tyres were slashed as well meaning I had to get 2 new tyres. I reported it to the police. Didnt claim on insurance as I have a very high excess.

Panels will have to be resprayed - cant be touched up unfortunately

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
B&£7&$Ds!!! :mad: Report it to the police, it's a criminal act of vandalism (plus they might have a file on the blighters in that area even if you didn't see/catch them). Then I'd just hope you've got some kind of insurance for this kind of thing (fully comp?).
yes i am fully comp. would going threw my insurance count as a claim though? if so i rather not go threw that route

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That happened to me too. But 2 tyres were slashed as well meaning I had to get 2 new tyres. I reported it to the police. Didnt claim on insurance as I have a very high excess.

Panels will have to be resprayed - cant be touched up unfortunately
how much did it cost for you to respray your panels?

·
AO Silver Member
2,073 Posts
Unless you have a very high excess then you will probably be best to go down the route of claiming on insurance.

If you have protected no claims then you can claim up to 3 times before it affects your premium.

Worth checking out before coughing up for it yourself.

Hope the little g*ts rot in hell....! :angry:

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
how much did it cost for you to respray your panels?
Well i didnt claim on insurance for panels but the bonnet needs respraying. At least the Bast#rds keep the scratch to one panel. I reckon $400-$1000+ (200-500GBP+) for a panel respray.

Didnt know you could claim 3 times before it effecting your insurance - might look into it further.

·
Registered
38,254 Posts
careful with insurers as one person has said already. They seem to be into making money out of excessive time with a loan car while they do a job with no pride. I have read about some company who polish out scratches by really heating up the remaining paint as they buff it to spread it into scratch?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Ah sh*t man. I'm a little concerned some jealous *** will do that to mine when I park it in the school car park...it's a rough school and the lower years are generally scum.

Hope you get it sorted mate.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
aww... I hate ppl that vandalise cars. My car had a a cup of sprite from burger king poored over the top of it and the cup had been left wedged in the side mirror. Quite annoying since i had just washed it the same day.
I leave my car on public roads as I am at uni and have no choice this year to park it somewhere safe. The roads around here have quite a few troublemakers around since it is near a school and many kids hang out on the streets there. But it's just a risk I have to take.
If i caught someone doing something to my car I would be very mad..

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
i had chipsaway to do my rather large scrape...which was entirely my fault, if i had gone through insurance i would have had to pay £150 excess, and would only have one claim left to cover my NCD as i had a claim 2yrs ago when someone scraped the bottom sill of my pug , barstewards....anyway i phoned around got chipsaway guy to do it, he was alos an alfa owner and is on here, i was so lucky....and it cost me £184 for 6hrs work, he did a fab job, i thought it would be a prob as i have etna...but he matched her perfectly...:)

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Get in contact with a local detailer and see if they can reduce the visability of the scratch in any way.

I had my own car keyed too, it's really sickening, I had to respray the bonnet because it was down to the metal in places

·
Registered
713 Posts
Agree with Tess, Chips Away could do a good job on that, but each one is its own franchise so one may be good but another may be bad. The one for north east is spot on.

Do you know who did it (ie ex girlfriend?), or was it just a jealous idiot?

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
i chose kev...aka chipsaway because he owned two alfas and was a member on here, his cousin is on here too, he did the best job, you wouldnt know i had been an idiot and scraped my babe, she looks like new:)

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Vile scum sucking pigs:mad:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts