Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so they are only terrifying if your Job ends in September! I’m I going to need a new belt and radiator soon (and possibly a new bottom half of the car looking at the mounting of the radiator!) are these jobs possiable to do my self?

Cheers Stuart

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
the belt is eay you should get it done in 10mins just pull back the tensioner with a spanner, I think its a 17mm bolt and the belt just falls off. one tip is draw a sketch of the belt so you wont get confused when trying to figure out how it goes back on. not to sure about the rad but I cant imagine there is to much involved maybe you might need to take of the bumper but that is simple.

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
the belt is eay you should get it done in 10mins just pull back the tensioner with a spanner, I think its a 17mm bolt and the belt just falls off. one tip is draw a sketch of the belt so you wont get confused when trying to figure out how it goes back on. not to sure about the rad but I cant imagine there is to much involved maybe you might need to take of the bumper but that is simple.
But you'd be mad not to change the tensioners too!

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
the rad is awkward to say the least, but minelooked the same, even in the same position!!

the belt makes me nervous...i might go out and check mine now...

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Oo dear I've just looked up how much a new radiator will cost.

Is anybody not using theres? :)
how much you been quoted? i managed to get mine from my father in law for £136 not sure i can get you that tho, but the cheapest i found online was abotu £160

·
Registered
435 Posts
His feedback looks good also
2 neutrals and they arent bad

"Original was faulty but replaced quickly"
"Service courteous, price very good but 'next day service' took 48hrs to arrive"

·
Registered
10,943 Posts
The cracks in the belt are normal...Only missing longitudnal segements is a problem.....But a dead easy job.

Pomeo

D

·
0 Posts
That has to be the worst advice ever.

·
Registered
30,067 Posts
rad can go out the bottom unless a 2.4 jtd or a v6 then take off the slam panel and take it out the front :)

as for the belt, just a quick glance is enough to remember the route it takes and if the belt is comming off replace the tensioner and pullues too

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
you should be able to get the rad re-cored just look through the yellow pages to find someone local to you, the usualy carge aroun £40 and do the job in half a day, you get a good as new rad back (usualy cleaned and painted old bits and new core)

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
i may be wrong but im pretty certain it was aluminium cores they used, it has been many many years since i have had it done

1 - 20 of 63 Posts