Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I am new to the whole being an Alfa Owner I have a few things that need clearing up.

Firstly, what is the normal idle speed for the 2.0 TS Selespeed at running temperature? I think I have a sticking thermostat as my gauge will not move while on a run. Could the lack of temperature be contributing to poor fuel consumption? e.g. cold start valve staying open for longer.

Secondly, my gear select display flashes. Only on first and second gear and not all the time. I did 250miles today and it started flashing 300 yards from my house.

Jason

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
850rpm or thereabouts, have you had a look at the thermostat check thread? - cold running will hurt mpg...
No idea on sele issues, sorry

L

·
0 Posts
approx 840 rpm , v6 is 540'ish

low temp = fuel enrich mode, = wasting petrol

flashing menas one of the 3 location sensors is getting worn. get the selespeed system diagnosed & return to us with a code.

·
Registered
7,120 Posts
Could temperature affect these sensors? Where to are they located?
unlikely, the thermostat is in the engine, the sensors in the gearbox. It is worth taking out the battery and one at a time, take off each electrical connector and clean with some contact cleaning fluid, same with the multiplug that sits by the battery.

HTH

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, its strange. If I manage to get a little temperature into the engine bay it starts to flash. It still works fine but its more annoying now. Probably a bit of heat soak or expansion ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts