Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cleaned my car yesterday morning (half an hour before it chucked it down with rain!!!!), and noticed that some idiot has scraped my bumper.
It's obvious what has happened, but not when. It looks like a;
"is this space big enough to get into?" ( bump ) "oh well, thank god that alfa stopped me!"
or a
"can I inch out from this space?" (bump) "not without catching that lovely alfa!" - kind of thing.

Either way, thanks to them for leaving no details for me!!!

Mercifully it doesn't look to deep and may professionally polish out, though probably not T-cut out.

Does anybody know of a good mobile repairer in the South Kent area that can be recommended. I think a mobile one would be able to buff it out with some of their "voodoo magic" they ise on these kind of things

·
Registered
13 Posts
I used a mobile company called chips away ( i think they are a national chain?) a couple of years back when i was selling my car, they buffed out some scratches and resprayed the bumpers for me and they did a fantastic job and it was reasonably priced too. If they are still around and operate in your area then i reccomend them highly.

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
Unlucky mate

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Sorry to hear about that :(

·
Registered
13 Posts
www.chipsaway.co.uk/ Have a look at what they are all about, i use to work for a coachworks company when i was younger so i was looking to find faults with every little thing they did and i really couldnt find any! They did front and rear bumper resprays and some buffing out of scratches in about 3 hours and it cost me £120 a couple of years back if i remember correctly?!

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Does anybody know of a good mobile repairer in the South Kent area that can be recommended. I think a mobile one would be able to buff it out with some of their "voodoo magic" they ise on these kind of things
No, but I now park over 2 spaces in carparks so nobody can damage my baby again.

If it's pay and display, well, I buy 2 tickets, the spaces are there for rent after all.

·
Registered
895 Posts
I dont understand some people! How can you bump someones car and not tell them!!! SHOCKING!!!
The opposite shocks me because very few people do it. :(

I've seen people -especially women- bump onto other cars and drive away like nothing happened but i suspect that they don't even realise they've done it. Not all people can catch a strange sound or vibration like us Alfa maniacs you know. :)

·
Registered
175 Posts
"can I inch out from this space?" (bump) "not without catching that lovely alfa!" - kind of thing.
That's really funny :lol:

But only because it happened to me with my wing mirror. Thankfully, the careful driver balanced the wing mirror back on the mount after doing it, so it is not as if they didn't notice. They may have though I wouldn't notice - apart from the fact that when I drove off the wing mirror immediately jumped off the broken mounting and crashed into the paintwork on the drivers door.

Git.

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Soory to hear that !! :(

Unfortunately it's happening more and more these days !! :mad:

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's really funny :lol:

But only because it happened to me with my wing mirror. Thankfully, the careful driver balanced the wing mirror back on the mount after doing it, so it is not as if they didn't notice. They may have though I wouldn't notice - apart from the fact that when I drove off the wing mirror immediately jumped off the broken mounting and crashed into the paintwork on the drivers door.

Git.
That's thoughtful of them - and if I might also say - that's the gift that keeps giving.

There really are some [email protected] out there!!!

It's always a shame to not actually catch the person in the act - then maybe they can spend THEIR money fixing the problem THEY created!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr - I'm angry!:mad:

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
I nearly caught one recently

A couple off weeks back I watched a ****** in a Rover 45 - with REVERSING SENSORS -, back into my car while trying to parallel park into a space big enough for two cars. I was in a restaurant at the time and by the time I got out they were gone, wifey tried to get their reg, but didn't get a good view and they disappeared sharply, luckily no damage done as they were reversing very slowly. They actually stopped 2 inches from my car then reversed into it. Some people just need a good slap.

and yes, when in restaurants I always try to get a seat so I can see my car outside, :)

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I always park over two bays but usually at the back where nobody normally goes.

Don't want some eejut scratching her cos he can't find a space.

I also sit where I can see her. Came to fruition when I was in Pizza Hut a month back. ****** in a Merc, again, with reverse sensors decided that the best method was to reverse into the space at speed.

Ran out and grabbed his keys and threatened to call the Police when he refused to give me his details as there was "no visible marks"

Told him I would let my garage decide if all was ok and I would then let his insurance company know.

Helps that I'm 6ft 3" and a "stocky" 16.5 stone.

S

·
0 Posts
Sorry to hear that Gee.
I was going to start a new thread but I'll add on to this one as it seems a good place to do it. Funnily enough, last night at work, I was parked up waiting in the work van for someone and this chap tries to squeeze in to a gap behind me ( plenty of space a few cars ahead )
I felt the van rock everytime he bumped the back foot step! Took him 10 mins before he finally asked me if I could inch forward a bit so he could get in!
Madness I tell ya!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Sorry to hear that mate ...and unfortunately the same thing happened to me over lunch today.
So I enjoy my meal, get back to the car to drive to work and notice my front bumper damaged ...:cry:
Great, no note, nothing; I hope they have surveillance cameras in that parking lot ( was even inside ). :rant:
So now I can get back to the dealer to see if it can be fixed at all, but I'm starting to fear it will be a complete new front bumper ( not just a scratch ... ). I hope thy can still be ordered for the 147GTA? ...:cry:

·
Registered
204 Posts
dont even get me started on this subject:mad: many times i have been outside giving people the eye when they park near me:mad:

now i have 3 cctv cameras pointing at the car.... and timelapse video too;)

sorry to hear of your "incident" though:mad:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts