Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
I disagree. It an Austin Allegro. No matter how much Alfa tried to Alfatise it and make it sexy. It's horrible!
Have you driven one ! In case you have forgotten the " Allagro" had a square steering wheel :tut:

The Sud transformed the small family hatchback market,:thumbs: despite it's unfortunate habit of autodissolving, shared with many of it's contemporaries , what exactly was the positive legacy of the Allagro ?:wow:

A

·
0 Posts
From where to start, ....... the fragile suspension, most Allegros were not level, the brakes, the engine. Being old enough I can recall that the Allegro was an upgraded Austin/Morris 1300. 1978 Alfasud 1.3 had discs all round, independent braking circuits, fith gear, rev counter, rear doors child lock, solid stainless steel bumpers, 21st century roadholding and handling. Bulletproof engine, the list goes on. "Allegro", better stick to music ...........

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
hey dave i love your grandfather quote, i just noticed it :lol:

id like to see the stig do a lap in an allego, how funny would that be :cheese:

in fact id like to see them test all the cars of the 70's see which came out on top for family production cars...

i bet the 1.2 sud wouldn't be far away...

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
car

I disagree. It an Austin Allegro. No matter how much Alfa tried to Alfatise it and make it sexy. It's horrible!
i bet i could get round a race track any one of your choice im my allegro:tut:(sud ti ) quicker than your gt :lol:.
the sud drives better than a allegro looks better is worth more .
i think you need to go to specsavers and get you eyes tested:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Yeap . yesterday i could keep up with a Mito around bends and they guy infront me couldnt believe it!!! All that electronic crap and still i was in his tail with no problem at all. If i had inboards amd fresh tires i could probably overtake him. Did i mention it was raining also?

·
Registered
577 Posts
When my super was alive people use to say nice allegro :tut: the blue ti in the pics is for sale and for 1 extra point spot whats missing from the body:) ciao daz

YouTube - Alfa Romeo Alfasud TI

1 - 20 of 36 Posts