46,602 Posts
I really love those wheels !

Stunning looking motor :D :D :D

Congrats!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lovely car, i thought the 8c red was only available on the 8c!
Here's an excerpt of one of my (many) emails form Alfa Romeo HQ about the 8C red

the 8C Red is absolutely fantastic! This colour is also not on sale (well a customer could order it if he really really insists but delivery is 3 months longer…). It’s very expensive to produce because it’s a mixture of paint and ink, and it cannot be industrialised, only for a very low volumes of cars. It is hand-sprayed by 10 different people, and has got something like 9 layers. They first start with black, then green, purple, (…) and then I don’t know how but this beautiful and creamy red-bordeaux colour comes out, and gives this amazing depth, almost like a mirror. Then it also need 48 hours drying time.

regards

Mark

·
Registered
32,442 Posts
stunning colour and wheels. Was it £15k more for the paint :confused: :eek:

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
im confused, if they only make this colour in very low volume and you didnt pay for it, how did you get it?

·
Registered
32,442 Posts
or you can PS well:confused:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
im confused, if they only make this colour in very low volume and you didnt pay for it, how did you get it?
I was a lucky git whose name got drawn out of a hat (so to speak) I filled in a form to win one (thinkining I had no chance) when I went to the London Motorshow back in July

Regards,
Mark

·
Registered
32,442 Posts
just seen your other thread - congrats on the win and enjoy the 147 - wonder what the p/x value will be when you come to change it:confused: :D

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I was a lucky git whose name got drawn out of a hat (so to speak) I filled in a form to win one (thinkining I had no chance) when I went to the London Motorshow back in July

Regards,
Mark
ahh ok, congrats. so they do actually give away these prizes!

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
The photos don't do it justice. I've seen the 8C in the flesh and the colour is something else...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts