Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Why do people not understand that while you may be looking like you are just staring at a screen doing nothing, you are most likely dealing with something that needs a lot of thought and is a complete head****!
You need to cultivate a LOOK, something suitable that with a single glance says that whenever they next have some really urgent work they need to do for their boss it will become corrupt within seconds of them saving the final draft.

:evilgrin:

I know what you mean though, where I used to work I was 2nd line support AND a web developer, when your writing amending a complex unix shell script on a production server the last thing you need is some tart coming up to tell you there's a paper jam in the photocopier.

:mad: :rant:

·
Registered
140 Posts
I hate to say it but...

It's your own ****ing (by your terms :) ) fault...
You should have disabled logins to the server when you were doing to upgrade... ;)

And WTF are you doing working unpaid hours... Do you think you'll get a big handshake and a big pat on the back for doing it!!! NO... so why bother about it. Do it through normal working hours, or get them to give you O/T or extra leave time for it...

My motto is you don't get anything for nothing in this world, so why let your boss think that he can...

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm currently working on upgrading software on one of our remote access servers, I'd already notified all affected users of the downtime but didn;t want to take the server completely offline, some fecking gimpoid ***** I work with who does whatever the **** she pleases has decided to log on in the middle of installing software in installation mode and if it's fubared my server i'm going to ****ing kill her tomorrow because they take ****ing ages to setrup

:rant::rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
If you leave a door open someone will use it.

Deny access or deploy out of hours.

And you know it :D

21 - 28 of 28 Posts