1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today was the worst day not because the credit card bill came in
Not because Christmas has come and gone
But because some one hit my Fantastic little Mito,
some one Reversed in to it when it was parked outside my work.
Were it not for some good people who came in the shop and told me
That the driver of a "Volvo Tank" hit it and drove away,
They took down the reg of the car and type.
Anyway the owner contacted me with the excuse he was late for a meeting,
I have a estimate for the damage left side wing and front bumper and headlight
£ 2117.00 Gulp!! that is before it is stripped there might be more damage
and approx seven days to fix it.
I hope his insurance can pay for a loan car as well.

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
thats it, hit the ignorant pillock where it hurts. hope you get it fixed soon:thumbs:

·
Registered
848 Posts
Sorry to hear that :( What's with terrible drivers nowadays, being late for a meeting is no excuse to smash into another car.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I hate when people hit and drive, It happened to me years ago. But a bit of advice. Contact the police. He will get charged with driving away from the scene of an accident and then there will be no comeback if his insurance decide's to play funny buggers.

Also it helps if he has no insurance and it has to go 2 court. The court would make him pay for the whole lot.. Please heed this advice and contact the Police without delay. Trust me don't feel sorry for this Low-life. Take no Prisoners...:mad:

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
oh no, sorry to hear this, hope it isn't too difficult to get it sorted with this moron's insurance. I do like tytzar's advice tho, hope you take it.

A

·
0 Posts
Sorry to hear about that! Above and beyond the advice you've been given already, I hope you have the contact details of the witnesses as well. I've seen and heard of people give different accounts of the incident, so it would help if yu had that too. Let him pay for any inconvenience you now have to go through as a result. Meeting my *ss!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Today was the worst day not because the credit card bill came in
Not because Christmas has come and gone
But because some one hit my Fantastic little Mito,
some one Reversed in to it when it was parked outside my work.
Were it not for some good people who came in the shop and told me
That the driver of a "Volvo Tank" hit it and drove away,
They took down the reg of the car and type.
Anyway the owner contacted me with the excuse he was late for a meeting,
I have a estimate for the damage left side wing and front bumper and headlight
£ 2117.00 Gulp!! that is before it is stripped there might be more damage
and approx seven days to fix it.
I hope his insurance can pay for a loan car as well.
Personally i dont think you should be too worried. As the owner contacted you it would not appear that he had anything to hide. Accidents do happen after all. Hope it all gets sorted without any nonsense:)

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
aw bless ...if it was mine i would have to kill him.....then take him to court...seriously tho , i hope it gets sorted i know how bad i felt when i damaged my bumper, if someone else had done it i would be devastated...good luck:)

·
Registered
497 Posts
Good luck.

People who drive away after hitting someone's car really annoy me. Happened to me a couple of times.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
I don't know the extent of the damage, but 2 grand seems like a lot of repair costs (almost a write off?)... But to cause 2 grand of damage by reversing into a car is absolutely crazy... He must have been going 15mph+ and not looking in the mirror, because i've accidentally reversed my mito into my dad's car which was parked in a dark corner of the drive (at night), and I was going around 10mph. No damage caused, not even a scratch

·
Registered
97 Posts
Yep this has happened to me twice in the past within 6 months, someone dented my left wing and drove off and then 6 months later someone dented my right wing and drove off, so I think they came back to even out the damage on my car.

When I finally get my new mito, am going to stick signs all over it saying that "This car is fitted with 360o surveillance - it is an offense to damage a parked vehicle and leave the scene, this video footage will be passed to the police".

I think that should do the trick but I probably won't be able to see out the windows for the signs. :lol:

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
sadly even when mp's like harriet harman do things like this and only get a 400 pound fine and a 1 week ban it puts out the message that even if you get caught this tiny punishment will encourage others, especially the 1 in 10 drivers who are currently driving uninsured, its a sign of the times unfortunately

·
Registered
713 Posts
Sorry to hear that mate, glad they was witness's though. By the way, how did he manage to contact you if he drove away from the scene? He wouldn't of known who's car it was etc

M

·
0 Posts
Very sorry to hear this mate...I would be going spare too.....I hope you get it sorted to your satisfaction.

·
Registered
171 Posts
A guy from the office was talking to us the other day and said that he'd nudged a car in the car park and reported it to security and now it was costing him a fortune etc. and wished he hadn't been so honest. I said he'd done the right thing and that he wouldn't like it if someone had done it to his car and driven away, but 3 of the other guys who sit near me said that they would just drive away. I was appalled!!

Obviously there is no reward for being a good guy, because less than two weeks later, someone has done exactly that to my wife's car; left it with a big dent. Don't know when and where it happened and no witnesses, so we are now out of pocket because of some other person's (believe me I wanted to use a much stronger word there) actions.

Life is soooooo unfair!!

·
Registered
489 Posts
So sorry to hear the bad news. Had this happen to me a few times on past cars. Only once have i managed to get someone to pay up![thanks to witness] You would be wise to report this to the Police, allthough not sure of the law on private land.
Hope all goes well.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The Police were called and he has told me he has payed the repair shop to go ahead with the repair.
How he found me,he sent one of his staff out of his office and they put a note on the car with his tel number on it
i leave it in next Monday hope all goes well with the repair.
they are supplying a car FOC for the week unfortunatly not a Alfa but it's a car.
He was on the phone with me today he was very sorry for all the trouble.
Many thanks for all the comments i don't feel so bad with your support.

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
As above, seems like he is one of the good people who are willing to admit their errors.
Glad it has worked out for you :thumbs:

·
Registered
435 Posts
I don't know the extent of the damage, but 2 grand seems like a lot of repair costs (almost a write off?)... But to cause 2 grand of damage by reversing into a car is absolutely crazy... He must have been going 15mph+ and not looking in the mirror, because i've accidentally reversed my mito into my dad's car which was parked in a dark corner of the drive (at night), and I was going around 10mph. No damage caused, not even a scratch
Indeed. £2000 worth of repairs is a heck of alot!
How damaged is it likes?:confused:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts