Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the topic suggests, ariel has been stolen. Radio reception is now patchy. :cry:

Can anyone suggest where to get a new one? Are Alfa the best bet?

Some little ned will be running about with it on their corsa or saxo no doubt! :(

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
I am thinking about putting a dot of glue on the thread of our aerial to make it harder to nick. They look more or less identical to VW Golf/Polo aerials and I think even Mini ones are similar.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Hey guys, I've just done a twin aerial conversion on my 159... Looks awesome!:p :lol:
Seriously though, sorry to hear about that. Chavvie scum. (The thief that is, not you!)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Was thinking about glueing (sp?) the new one in place but they'd probably damage the whole unit trying to get it off.

Guess i'll just buy a new one from Alfa.

·
Registered
197 Posts
LOL Always does the trick!

Personally I wouldn't bother trying to secure it. Like you say, they'll do more damage trying to pull that off too. I wonder why people bother stealing things like that.....
Only one reason, the green eyed monster:mad:

Probably just wandering the streets with nothing better to do, see a nice motor and think it will be a laugh to nick the ariel.:mad:

Would love to catch em in the act:D I would take the time to explain the error of their ways:tut: ;)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Don't glue it on otherwise the option to go through the automatic car wash disappears !! I forgot to remove one on my GT before and it snapped right off when the dryer went over :eek: :eek: Won't do that again !!

·
Registered
647 Posts
Just rob one off someone else's car, then its their problem...

*disclaimer: do not rob one off someone else's car, that would be bad. Do not listen to my advice, I'm not right in the head...

P.S. Bloody monkey's, they are everywhere these days

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just rob one off someone else's car, then its their problem...

*disclaimer: do not rob one off someone else's car, that would be bad. Do not listen to my advice, I'm not right in the head...

P.S. Bloody monkey's, they are everywhere these days
Oh Dear! I would never contemplate stealing an ariel from someone elses car. ;)

The butterfly effect! - A bird flaps it's wings in Japan an ariel goes missing very similar to the one someone stole from my car.

Karma! :lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts