Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why when there are four identical items, one after the other in the listings, does some Muppet bid against me when the other three items still ain't got a bid against them :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Tactical bidding????

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
I bet they have got two ebay accounts and they are trying to bump the bids up on their own item, its illegal BTW ;)

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
You'd never be able to catch them out on this though would you? If it is i hope no one out bids him.....
Dont know really about catching them out, I doubt it would be worth the hassle really. Would be funny if they outbid you and got lumbered, maybe you should bid on one of the others ;)

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Dont know really about catching them out, I doubt it would be worth the hassle really. Would be funny if they outbid you and got lumbered, maybe you should bid on one of the others ;)
All that happens in that case is they will give you a "second chance offer" ... all within the rules of fleabay :rolleyes:

·
Registered
864 Posts
All that happens in that case is they will give you a "second chance offer" ... all within the rules of fleabay :rolleyes:
I learned my lesson ages ago in a very similar situation... placed a bid, was outbid, but noticed another similar item from another seller so I just put a bid on that instead. I won the second item as normal, but magically received an invoice from ebay with a message to say that the higher bid had been retracted (from the first item) and that I had therefore won that one as well!

The second seller did a bit of research on my behalf (I was new to ebay) and it turned out to be a simple scam to get the price up. The seller had done it many times before.

Rather than got through the pointless appeals process with the ******* total bunch of **** shagging shower of ***** at ebay :mad: :mad: (different rant all together) decided to mark it down to experience and paid for both items.

All worked out well in the end, sold both items on for a nice profit with decent photos and and descriptions, but lesson well and truly learned. :thumbs:

·
Registered
290 Posts
I find it funny the people that assume that ebay=bargain. i have watched items that have been second hand and they have been bid upto and beyond the price you'd pay for a new one on the highstreet! just have to laugh at the fools who dont do their research and pay over the odds.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
I find it funny the people that assume that ebay=bargain.
Assume? No. But then you should never assume anything in life. However, there are bargains to be had on eBay, no doubt about that.

i have watched items that have been second hand and they have been bid upto and beyond the price you'd pay for a new one on the highstreet! just have to laugh at the fools who dont do their research and pay over the odds.
Yeah, but it's great when you're the one selling them :).

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
I find it funny the people that assume that ebay=bargain. i have watched items that have been second hand and they have been bid upto and beyond the price you'd pay for a new one on the highstreet! just have to laugh at the fools who dont do their research and pay over the odds.
Or where they keep bidding when there is an alternative 'Buy it now' from the same seller that's cheaper.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts