Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Firstly just wana say hello to everyone. I have been reading a posts over the last week or so after placing my order for a new Mito 1.4 120 in white. Im Rather excited.! Alot like a 9 year old boy would be i imadgine. 'if he could indeed buy a new car' .! :0)

Im scrapping my T reg Fiat Bravo HGT in Broom Yellow which I have loved for the past 5 years but now look forward to becoming an Alfa owner.

Soo.. May questions are as follows. :0)

I didnt opt for the Xenon as i kinda thought they were alittle out my budjet and from what some people had been saying on here about the standard headlights being pretty good anyways. My question is. what type of bulbs does the Mito use as headlights. H1, H4, H7 type thingy... im just wondering if there are good extra bright bulbs that people might have used that i can look into buying.

My second question is based around Gear Knobs. i read a thread regarding changing or not changing. I guess im wondering A. how easy it is to do with the lift up system for revirsing, and does this lift up system limit my choices? Where is a good place to look?

3rd. Im kinda wondering about Air filters and such. is it worth upgrading to a BMC panel filter or others? or is that not really needed? Are there options for that on the 1.4 120?

Will any of these changes effect my Warrenty on the car? making changes like bulbs, filters, Gear Knob? what about CD players or changing the speakers in the car?

:0) Sorry i have a fair few questions... Hope some body can help with some of them.
ooh. Sorry about the random spellings at times... (Just trying to keep u on ur toes.! Or am i actaully a 9 year old boy)

:0)

·
Registered
435 Posts
I don't know what the bulb type is for the Mito - cos i don;t have one. Yet!
But there are some good bulbs you can buy to upgrade your Mito's headlights.
Car Lights, Car Bulbs, Headlights, Wiper Blades & Xenon Bulbs - Autobulbs Direct Ltd

They sell loads of good bulbs from big brands like Philips and Osram.
I've personally tried the Philips bluevision and Philips 80%. The Bluevisions provide a little bit better light output than my standard Clio ones. But the light colour is visibly whiter. The 80% ones are very very bright. But colour is the same as the standard ones.
Dunno muh abt other things. Not really into tuning cars.lol
Hope that helps a bit.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
3rd. Im kinda wondering about Air filters and such. is it worth upgrading to a BMC panel filter or others? or is that not really needed? Are there options for that on the 1.4 120?
I wouldnt bother witha filter the standard ones are good, plus some aftermarket filters use spray oil and may Damage the Air Mass Sensor

Will any of these changes effect my Warrenty on the car? making changes like bulbs, filters, Gear Knob? what about CD players or changing the speakers in the car?
:0)
I would of said at the least the filter would...dont give them an excuse to charge you...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts