Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
The ones near us recently have either been drunk, morons or both.

·
Registered
12,405 Posts
Shame about the inaccuracies. :(

One inaccuracy undermines the whole thing for me. Makes me wonder how correct the rest of it is.

They got the weather wrong. They also don't mention the driver was p*ssed and had illegal drugs in their corpse.

Another one mentions 'two cars'. One of the cars was an innocent bystander queueing in traffic going the opposite direction as the car in which two died was flying through the air and yet to hit the ground and street furniture that resulted in the massive deceleration. I guess the glancing blow it struck on the queueing vehicle may have slowed its progress through the air a little? If the car flying through the air had hit that queueing car a few feet back it could have been another fatality or two. :(

One of the really saddening ones on there is due to an unintentionally bodged vehicle repair. :(

It's half the story to me.

I'm a speed crazed boyracer or just know that more speed cameras wouldn't have altered those fives deaths across three accidents?

·
Registered
12,405 Posts
There's some overlap with the Clarkson suicide thread?

You could collide with a youngster on a motorcycle at a junction and besides the relevant defect with the bike and illegal modification to their bike they're under the influence you're still probably going to have doubts and not feel too good about it. :(

Not dealing with driving standards seems like a cop out to me. :(

It's too easy not to tackle it head it, or noodle about about with it?

There's a new offence of causing serious injury by dangerous driving that's in the forhcoming Legal Aid, Sentencing and Punishment of Offenders Bill that has a maximum tariff of 5 years. I don't think that's going to make many buck up their ideas to road use though.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Nearly all the accidents that I clicked on which occurred in cities involved either teenage drivers or very old pedestrians (i.e. 80+). So if we raise the minimum age for driving and put better pedestrian crossings in cities, maybe we would dramatically cut the death rate. I can't help feeling that all the spin about speeding and drink driving is misleading.

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
Nearly all the accidents that I clicked on which occurred in cities involved either teenage drivers or very old pedestrians (i.e. 80+). So if we raise the minimum age for driving and put better pedestrian crossings in cities, maybe we would dramatically cut the death rate. I can't help feeling that all the spin about speeding and drink driving is misleading.
I live in a market town in the middle of rural Lancashire exactly the same thing here but with a smattering of power rangers, so I tend to agree :thumbs:

·
Registered
44,881 Posts
:thumbs: Minimum driving age should be 19 IMO, I passed at 17 so I'm a total hypocrite but it's for the best.

·
Registered
12,405 Posts
Sadly a couple that I can remember without looking at the map happened in bad weather on main roads. Yes they may have been keen to get somewhere but they should have eased off a little given the conditions. :(

And another where the driver of a car that died was hit by an over enthuastic motorcyclist involved drink. :(

Motorcycling is intoxicating enough without doing it while drunk or buzzing from drugs.

Four fatalities from 3 motorcycle accidents that featured motorcycles with defects. :(

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
One just down the road from me on an open country road involved two motorcyclists travelling in the same direction collided with an on comming car :(

Summer night, I think we all know what happened there :(

I pity the poor driver that had that comming head long at him :(

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
I remember one from where I used to live (Ex still living there). A teenage girl knocked down on the A580.

Driving a car and being a pedestrian is bloody dangerous. We all need to do it though :(

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
The two near us :

1) A 17yr old who stole his mothers car, showing off to friends
2) Two cars of youngsters 'racing' on a dual carriageway at about 2:00am.

Nothing a mobile speed camera would stop (that they have sited there since the event).

·
Registered
448 Posts
One just down the road from me on an open country road involved two motorcyclists travelling in the same direction collided with an on comming car :(

Summer night, I think we all know what happened there :(

I pity the poor driver that had that comming head long at him :(
Do you actually know the details of this incident? If not I, as a biker, find it offensive that you assume the motorcyclists were in the wrong. Most bike / car collisions are caused by the car driver. Fact.
I've lost 3 friends to car drivers (one was a bus), and I have a damaged hand due to a car driver.
If you really do know the details, I apologise for my rant, I do know there are some irresponsible bikers too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts