Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello i am looking for a black trim restorer and they recommended me Solution finish. anyone used it before? does it work?

Also i would like to do a hand polish of the car. What compound and cutting pad (hand ) shall i buy?

·
Registered
750 Posts
For hand compounding I would personally recommend Farécla G3 Advanced but this is quite a labour intensive product. Milder is Autoglym Radiant Wax.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Not used Solutions Finish but does seem to have a very good reputation.

As for hand polishing, I would suggest the Meguiars Ultimate Compound which is easily bought from Halfords would be a good choice although there is a long list of products which would do a good job.

Get a decent foam pad and keep it clean whilst polishing. Not sure what type of pads are sold in Halfords but something like this german pad would be good Ultimate German Applicator - Clean Your Car. It does not need to be this one, there are loads of variations on this pad, they have a soft and firm side so you can adjust the amount of cut.

Couple of things about hand polishing, it is not a quick activity, keep the surface as clean as possible as any dirt or dust will do a very effective job at inflicting damage to the paint. If you see any deep marks, sometimes it is wiser to ignore them. Claying is always worth thinking about before polishing. There should be loads of good videos out there, not checked but worth checking Autogeeks and Ammo NYC

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for your response! I will visit Halfords during weekend to buy a compound and i think they have some Farecla G3 applicator pads as well!

I bought solution finish and i will try it on Saturday as well, hopefully it will work!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts