Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My MiTo is one of the first, I believe: 2009 (59 reg) and the number plate says it was a demo car.
There's no indication the software has been upgraded since birth.
My local Alfa agent has said it will cost £56 to update the firmware.
I am fortunate in that the money isn't a big issue. But is it worth actually having it done?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Er.. um... does the protracted silence mean that I'm being an idiot and there is no such thing as a software upgrade on the Mito?

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Er.. um... does the protracted silence mean that I'm being an idiot and there is no such thing as a software upgrade on the Mito?
I can't comment for the 2009 model, but there certainly was a software update for the 2014 QV TCT I bought.

That upgrade made a major improvement to the TCT gearbox which before the update was prone to clutch slip when moving slowly in second gear.

Andy

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Hi, I've owned my Mito from new (September 2009) and have never heard of a software update, maybe they mean that they will run a diagnostic check and possibly reset the service reminder.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Hi, I've owned my Mito from new (September 2009) and have never heard of a software update, maybe they mean that they will run a diagnostic check and possibly reset the service reminder.
If software updates do exist and the car was serviced at a main dealer, they might well have done the updates without telling you. Updates should be done as a matter of routine at each service.

I admit though I have no knowledge whether there have been any software updates for early non-TCT MiTos.

Andy

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
FWIW my mechanic (who seems to know a thing or two) suggested I leave well alone, even if there is a software to update.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts