Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to buy the software for my upcoming holidays in France and - 169 Euros - £105 approx for one CD. Choke, splutter cough. The Michelin which ones passenger/navigator will have to live with is £11.00. Even though I go three of four times a year its not worth that. See Navtech.com The 147 discs also fit Doblo/Stilo/Ducato apparently.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Yes I saw this - a bit on the expensive side. Does this Alfa forum do group buys? I know the TT forum do this and get some discounts.

·
Registered
8,688 Posts
How about you all club together to buy one France CD and then lend it out to each other when each of you goes on holiday?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If anyone wants to borrow it I do have a free Italian full CD the dealer gave me gratis as it was,not uncommonly apparently, delivered by mistake.

If anyone wants to swap france for italy?

I tried copying the Connect Nav and it wouldnt.

Did you know - sad musical admission - that the new starwars CD will not play on a PC or MAC?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Heard about the music industry having a few new tricks up their sleeves to combat piracy.

How about an audio CD recorder (I've got a philips model)? Perhaps still possible to do "back ups"
doubt it will work with the sat nav though!

wrinx

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have not found a CD or programme that Clone CD will not back up - providing you have the right hardware to accompany it!
Ken

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have a look on ebay. There were several on there quite cheap (might have been german language though??)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Jay Nine, I received a Navtech CD from Alfa Romeo France yesterday. The version they sent isn't the updated one, since it's the '2001-1 France, ver. T1000-4141' cd. The strange thing is that setting up the voice recognition system is impossible with this version. However the '2001-2 France' cd, which I've tested at the Fiat dealership does the job perfectly well.
Anyway, if having an older version of the maps of France doesn't bother you, you can have the cd if you like.
Zacharie.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Zacharie, that would be fantastic, thank you! let me know if any costs involved and I'll send you some money in a currency of your choice! What do you use out there now?

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
I dont know if this helps.

The VDO Dayton navigation system also use Navtech maps. These can be copied with Nero V.5.0. I though it was wise to keep a backup (Cough).

Cheers

Hoygaard

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've run a copy with clone-cd v4.0 yesterday on my benelux cd and it worked fine all day today. So copying isn't that difficult.

Does anyone know if all navtech cd's are working on the connect system? ie the vdo/siemens/carin/blaupunkt cd's? Has anyone tried?

Jasper

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You can copy the cd's indeed with Nero V5 and CloneCD!

[off topic]A part from that the cd's which say will not play on PC and or MAC, well you can! All you need is a bit of transparent tape. Look at the backside of your cd and you can see when the data tracks stop, than paste the tape as close as to that edge as possible, the cd will play than (stick it at three places close to the edge)like any other cd. Trick is here, it reads the index when it recognizes it is being played in a cd-rom player it will jump to the last track of the cd, which is a looped track filled with nothing, by putting tape on the cd this track becomes "unreadable" the cd-rom will go back to the index of the cd and play the next "track" whic is the music!!!.... :D

this has nothing to do with the NAV Tech cd's but still... I us this to rip a cd to mp3's and burn them. problem fixed

1 - 12 of 12 Posts