Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1461 - 1480 of 1633 Posts

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Cheer up Bazza what ever angers you may never happen.
Besides I wasn’t trying to argue

If I told you I went to visit my elderly relative 200 and odd miles away knowing I was symptomatic you’d rip my post apart for it.
If I said i had sex with another mans wife last night and I’ve been tested positive for Covid 19 you’d ban me and probably contact the police, and rightly so.
We report that two people from government have done just so, you just shrug your shoulders
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,462 (Edited)
Make your mind up alfaitalia. A few posts ago you were preaching on how to get around the rules.
Just use common sense and keep your distance and you'll not go far wrong.
The reason we used to have high standards in politics (or, more accurately, the notion that if you got caught you fell on your sword without any hesitation) was simple. It wasn't that we expected people to act like the Pope - it was the recognition that if you don't show the very highest standards of responsibility at the "top" then you lose the ability to tell others what to do. Therefore any slip of the veil and - without hesitation - you went off to spend more time with your family.

What we have now - unfortunately - is an acceptance that people at the top can do what they like without consequence.

Sleep with a stripper and pay her off? ok. Knock up a waitress and carry on regardless? ok. Have some dodgy financial side dealings where you benefit from policy you can direct? ok. Head out during a lockdown? ok.

It's enabled by a combination of chancers and spivs at the top who spot the opportunity, and apathy and - in some cases - active support for the behaviour, by voters.

The trouble is, you can't stop the slide. Once you've got on the slope - you can't then control the depth of descent. It becomes self fulfilling because the moral high ground has gone and there's no measure left as to what is unacceptable.

Obviously we have historical examples of the sort of people who sink to the top in these situations, and the consequences.
Spot on Fred.

It's something I have harped about for ages.....the total abandonment of integrity and humility in society......they are now seen as weak traits....how very very sad.

Cummings is a very poisonous creature.

PM's chief adviser defends 260-mile lockdown trip

What a scumbag......in all intents and purposes our Prime Minister.....a clone of Trump and Bolsonaro.

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
He's certainly arrogant enough to try and wriggle out of it. Surely if 'my parents are elderly and needed help' is true then the last thing they needed was 2 infected people to turn up at the door
Well it would now appear his child was involved, so it’s even easier.

1) Children highly unlikely to carry it - he has access to the best science
2) Both he and his wife are potentially infected
3) Child needs to be with family otherwise it will end up with social services when/if both parents end up in hospital
4) What’s the alternative? Stick the child in the post?

Rather depends what he was caught doing when he was up there...

·
Administrator
45,538 Posts
Cheer up Bazza what ever angers you may never happen.
Besides I wasn’t trying to argue

If I told you I went to visit my elderly relative 200 and odd miles away knowing I was symptomatic you’d rip my post apart for it.
If I said i had sex with another mans wife last night and I’ve been tested positive for Covid 19 you’d ban me and probably contact the police, and rightly so.
We report that two people from government have done just so, you just shrug your shoulders
Can you show me where I've said it's fine for these people to be doing this? Or can you answer the question about whether them doing something makes it right in all cases, or just when it's convenient for you?

If you did either of those things I'd think you were a dipstick. Similarly, if you pointed out someone doing those things, and tried to paint it as proof that doing those things was absolutely fine, I'd think you were being a dipstick too...

Fred's post on this is perfect. It's a complete lack of integrity. Doesn't mean we should all aspire to the same utter lack of morals.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Sad day.

Italy have yet to report their daily death toll....but the UK has now overtaken Italy for deaths per population from Covid19. :(
Probably because Italy are trying to get on with things and forget about Covid 19. You’re not going to forget about it if your constantly reminded of it.
I’m sure some people on here prefer living like this, in lockdown there’s a world outside your window awaiting you to join in

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,467
Probably because Italy are trying to get on with things and forget about Covid 19. You’re not going to forget about it if your constantly reminded of it.
I’m sure some people on here prefer living like this, in lockdown there’s a world outside your window awaiting you to join in

Clay.....what does that post actually mean ??

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
It means try to focus on the light at the end of the tunnel which is getting brighter all the time. Don’t look over your shoulder into the dark side

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
I saw that and was quite surprised that was not a few days back...they only have a population about 7 million less than us.....and we are about 5000 deaths more than them now.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts

It shows his common sense on two points
1) the way he stores the bike brake hard and the kid gets it in the rear seats.
2) he presses the electric tailgate to close but manually closes it by hand too.

I wouldn’t listen to his advice he doesn’t even know his arse from his elbow
He’s asked it does look good breaking lockdown.
Who cares about looks. It’s about doing the right thing. Who care what you guys think?
Pure, pure BS!

·
Vendor
45,796 Posts
Funny the reporters and photographers are questioning his behaviour but all of them are basically right up next to one another at the same time. Clearly none of them feels the slightest bit scared of this at all.

·
Registered
14,797 Posts
I've just watched Marr interviewing Shapps. As I watched a Government minister explaining why the Government's lockdown rules didn't apply to Cummings I was left wondering who is running this clucking country. We appear to have some sort of unelected tin-pot dictator who uses Johnson as his spokesman.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
My 3 best quotes in that interview was:

You can keep Dominic Cunningham or the lockdown policy, but you can’t keep them both

So everyone that could of done something like this, but didn’t, got it wrong?

Is there now a Cunningham clause?

I didn’t see any dictatorship I just saw an idiot trying to defend another idiot. Idiots because they got caught red-handed. Wouldn’t surprise me if the press had put trackers under all their cars as to know exactly where they was

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I've just watched Marr interviewing Shapps. As I watched a Government minister explaining why the Government's lockdown rules didn't apply to Cummings I was left wondering who is running this clucking country. We appear to have some sort of unelected tin-pot dictator who uses Johnson as his spokesman.
Yeah,the coverup/denial of wrong doing is much more damning than the original crime.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Yeah,the coverup/denial of wrong doing is much more damning than the original crime.
That sounds as if your being sarcastic. Speaking of wrong doing. Keith used the F word would Bazza care to remind him of the AO “ policy “ of our rules. We need to set examples of wrong doing also. I’d be up for the chop if I’d dared to swear.
I’ve reported him let’s see how far it goes

·
Registered
14,797 Posts
That sounds as if your being sarcastic. Speaking of wrong doing. Keith used the F word would Bazza care to remind him of the AO “ policy “ of our rules. We need to set examples of wrong doing also. I’d be up for the chop if I’d dared to swear

It appears the filter isn't as effective as it used to be. Now fixed.

I've been setting examples of wrongdoing for nearly 50 years.

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,479
And to think I dared to call Cummings poisonous ?
We really have a rotten society.

1461 - 1480 of 1633 Posts