Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1401 - 1420 of 1633 Posts

·
Registered
7,354 Posts
Been to see three clients in their homes this week, maintaining the two metre distancing rule.
Under current rules, I'm not allowed to visit my parents at their home. I'm allowed to meet one, not both together, outdoors in a public place.
If my parents were employing me to do some work for them, I could go round to their house and see them both together in their living room.
No wonder the Government are being given a good kicking by the public.
Just have one rule: 'TWO METRE DISTANCING'.

·
Registered
11,448 Posts
Has Cummings lost his slogan mojo?

Get Covid Done...........not sure that works.........

..... and don't forget to wash your hands!

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Been to see three clients in their homes this week, maintaining the two metre distancing rule.
Under current rules, I'm not allowed to visit my parents at their home. I'm allowed to meet one, not both together, outdoors in a public place.
If my parents were employing me to do some work for them, I could go round to their house and see them both together in their living room.
No wonder the Government are being given a good kicking by the public.
Just have one rule: 'TWO METRE DISTANCING'.
I know what you mean. A couple on my street have their house up for sale, they sold it ( the sign changed to sold ) one week later “ lockdown “ two weeks in to lockdown the sign went back to for sale (gutted). Today they had two men come to view the property ( both applied masks & gloves ) what happened to the smell of freshly grounded coffee & home baked bread sells a house? . Phil & Kirstie would be tutting away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
45,796 Posts
Summer holidays all depend on what is open. Planes will be buggered for the foreseeable.

If France and Spain are open-ish, we’ll do a month in Spain in September. Drive down with the dogs, spend a month there, I’ll probably WFH a week either end. If its not open so, be it.
I'm meant to be flying to Malaga as soon as the schools are out in July. Not sure if it'll happen though. I hope it will, even if we're stuck in quarantine at the villa we've rented (there are 14 of us going).

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Another two weeks off when he gets back

Every cloud ‘N’ all that!

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
As long as your parents pay you to clean the loo whilst you are there you can pop into their house as often as you want. You will have then become their cleaner and can go into the house to see them both together rather than one at a time in a public space! Cleaners can go into as many houses as they like as they can work as they are not retail (as I am meaning I can't open the business until 1st June) and cleaners can t work from home....madness I know.
Not suggesting you should...but you could, without breaking the rules.

·
Registered
7,354 Posts
For me, it's not about trying to find ways around the rules, it's about applying common sense.
I suppose to be fair to the government, they've had to come out with such a ridiculous list of rules because they're constantly being asked precise details of what people can and can't do by those lacking in common sense.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,409
For me, it's not about trying to find ways around the rules, it's about applying common sense.
I suppose to be fair to the government, they've had to come out with such a ridiculous list of rules because they're constantly being asked precise details of what people can and can't do by those lacking in common sense.
Spot on.....but there are far too many selfish "we know better" idiots out there.

·
Vendor
45,796 Posts
This is always the problem with trying to legislate for common sense. Even my two kids, who are 5 and 7, if I tell them " stop doing x ", they will find something which to all intents and purposes is the same as doing x, but on a technicality, isn't. If I give them vague instructions & a threat "stop doing anything annoying or you won't get pudding" they generally behave correctly. The problems come from the government trying to legislate for every outcome instead of letting people use common sense. Its called common sense because it is common, despite it appearing to be uncommon on occasion. The government could have said "there's a virus going about, the NHS might not have capacity to save your life if you need it, we strongly advise you have zero contact with anyone and take all sensible precautions if you can't avoid it" and left it at that. I dare say the vast majority of the country would have done everything as they are doing now. The minority that would not have heeded the advice are probably the same ones that are breaking the law now anyway. At least we wouldn't have police having to get up close and personal with the super-spreaders, which will be spreading it worse than if they left them to their own devices.

Anyway, the coppers aren't yet checking your private property for illegal visitors, so unless you're worried about neighbours grassing you up you can probably get away with visiting whoever you like. Whether you should or not, well that really does depend on your/their risk. If one of you is at greater risk of suicide or mariticide than you are of dying of Covid19 then you can probably justify it. But perhaps you should take a bottle of Toilet Duck and an invoice pad just in case.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,412
I am writing holidays 2020 off..... anything else will be a bonus.
We usually have a "local" holiday first in July.... Donegal.....that looks dead in the water .....and a foreign one in August.....due to family commitments we hadn't booked anything....so that worked out okay.

Crossing fingers for a Brucie Bonus....but not getting my hopes up.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Is UK quarantine going to be at an airport hotel or at your final destination?
For a UK resident it’s in your home address if you don’t reside in the UK and they’re not satisfied with the address given, then it’s a government facility

·
Administrator
45,538 Posts
Our flights to Spain were supposed to be this Saturday. The holiday company (Villaplus) is clearly very overloaded sorting things out, so have pretty much shut down all communications. But they state that we will get a full refund, an email to confirm it's processed 10 days after our expected departure date, and the money will arrive within 14 days of that.

So we should be fine, but it's a little nerve wracking having no way of checking progress.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
A couple of years ago when we had that beast from the east snow storm i was in southern Spain. I got my flight cancelled for 5 days. They put me up in a holiday inn near the airport. What a nightmare, nothing to do and right next to a motorway. I was basically quarantined. I felt like Alan Partridge living in a travel tavern

·
Vendor
45,796 Posts
Our flights to Spain were supposed to be this Saturday. The holiday company (Villaplus) is clearly very overloaded sorting things out, so have pretty much shut down all communications. But they state that we will get a full refund, an email to confirm it's processed 10 days after our expected departure date, and the money will arrive within 14 days of that.

So we should be fine, but it's a little nerve wracking having no way of checking progress.
Did you credit card it anyway? If so at least you have some extra protection if it all goes Pete Tong.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,418
Did you credit card it anyway? If so at least you have some extra protection if it all goes Pete Tong.
Everything will get sorted out refund wise.....it will just take a hell of a lot longer.....my son had a Ryanair refund to get......will wait until the 5 hour webchat times reduce.....
Life is too short for that.

·
Vendor
45,796 Posts
At your home when you get back....and no one will be policing it....so that will work then!
I think if people are told 2 weeks quarantine is what they must do, most people will do it even without any policing of it.

·
Administrator
45,538 Posts
Debit. But covered by ABTA and fully insured too.
Have also googled Villaplus, and there's no mention anywhere on forums of them letting people down. I'm not too worried.

1401 - 1420 of 1633 Posts