Alfa Romeo Forum banner

121 - 140 of 212 Posts

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
I just had to go and do a weekly shop in the out of town Sainsburys . I was dreading it. Mrs Dibnah is mildly asthmatic so I prefer she doesn't go and mingle.

However - To my delight, Social Distancing was impeccable by all. We all queued 6 feet apart (more like 10 feet tbh) in the car park for no more than 10 minutes as they let 1 in as 1 went out (nobody complained, nobody tried to queue jump and the staff outside were very clearly watching and managing the queue - and when I got inside there were only about 50 people in there (normally more like 500) and the shelves were full and I managed to get just about everything I needed (including bog roll and Carex hand wash).

I waited 10 feet back from the checkout while the person in front paid and stood a respectful distance from the cashier as I loaded.

It was all quite stress free and easy and I had a good old hand scrub when I got in and unloaded the stash. Nobody should be panic buying or queueing for an hour at 5am as far as I can see.

There were mountains of bog roll, but everyone took just one pack of 4 rolls (you were allowed to take 2 but nobody I saw did that). Ditto the handwash.

I think we may be getting the hang of this madness......

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Maybe a simple poll about who has engaged in social distancing (inline with government stipulations- however unconstitutional they may be- this is serious after all) against those who have gone the whole 9 yards into lock down. Maybe 2 outer answers such as "meh" and "it's great there is no one else to spoil the fun) would have been better.

I'm all for taking what I consider sensible precautions, BTW but I'm not suggesting I'm sensible.

·
Vendor
45,454 Posts
I just had to go and do a weekly shop in the out of town Sainsburys . I was dreading it. Mrs Dibnah is mildly asthmatic so I prefer she doesn't go and mingle.

However - To my delight, Social Distancing was impeccable by all. We all queued 6 feet apart (more like 10 feet tbh) in the car park for no more than 10 minutes as they let 1 in as 1 went out (nobody complained, nobody tried to queue jump and the staff outside were very clearly watching and managing the queue - and when I got inside there were only about 50 people in there (normally more like 500) and the shelves were full and I managed to get just about everything I needed (including bog roll and Carex hand wash).

I waited 10 feet back from the checkout while the person in front paid and stood a respectful distance from the cashier as I loaded.

It was all quite stress free and easy and I had a good old hand scrub when I got in and unloaded the stash. Nobody should be panic buying or queueing for an hour at 5am as far as I can see.

There were mountains of bog roll, but everyone took just one pack of 4 rolls (you were allowed to take 2 but nobody I saw did that). Ditto the handwash.

I think we may be getting the hang of this madness......
The pessimistic part of me thinks this is because people are fully loaded from panic buying over the last two weeks or so. Once the cupboards start to get bare those queues are going to get much bigger. I was at Morrisons last night for a bit more fresh fish & veg and I've never seen the car-park so empty, but despite that, I was queueing to get in for about 15 minutes as I think they are only allowing a few people in the shop at a time.

·
Registered
7,162 Posts
Holy crap!

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Maybe a simple poll about who has engaged in social distancing (inline with government stipulations- however unconstitutional they may be- this is serious after all) against those who have gone the whole 9 yards into lock down. Maybe 2 outer answers such as "meh" and "it's great there is no one else to spoil the fun) would have been better.

I'm all for taking what I consider sensible precautions, BTW but I'm not suggesting I'm sensible.
I went to a friends house on the first day of lockdown. I did feel that I was doing something wrong, but since then I’ve done what the government has requested.
I feel uncomfortable avoiding people as if I’m accusing them of possibly giving me a contagious virus. I do give people their respect though as they may feel strongly about keeping their distance.
I just hope we can all get back to normal soon and forget about being slightly paranoid of going out into the public area.

It’ll take some mending as it’s starting to take a phycological effect on the human mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33,710 Posts
Hopefully when eventually a new equilibrium is reached people will appreciate what they had before in a different way.
And Boris gets the lurgy.
he didn’t sound as bad as some of the voices I’ve heard from my wife’s NHS colleagues on her daily startup phone meeting.

·
Registered
7,162 Posts
Matt Hancock as well now.

·
Administrator
45,307 Posts
I had a headache this morning.
Tell the truth. Is it over for me?

·
Registered
7,162 Posts
Any underlying health conditions? Age?

·
Administrator
45,307 Posts

·
Registered
7,162 Posts
Stop doing it then?

·
Registered
33,710 Posts
My wife just got from the supermarket and despite waiting for an hour in the sunny carpark found it a very soothing experience thanks in part to maintaining 2 metres between her and other shoppers.

121 - 140 of 212 Posts