Alfa Romeo Forum banner

101 - 120 of 212 Posts

·
Administrator
45,307 Posts
Why don't you try maybe a week where your posts aren't mouth-frothing attacks on one person or part of society or another? I think we'd all appreciate it.
Blah blah blah
Attack a member for attempting to be sympathetic to you.
Blah blah
Claim the majority of self employed are corrupt.
Blah
Claim all good accountants are fraudsters.
Waffle waffle
Suggest all people who talk about politics have no substance or true belief behind their words - excepting yourself of course - your own angry rhetoric is the truth which shall not be denied or you shall be cast down.
I guess I'll take that as a no then.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Unfortunate there is a discussion about the government doing something humanitarian. There are those who don't believe in social distancing, it seems. I think many were those who thought Italy was over reacting. That's not intended to be a criticism but it lets me see a bit of human nature. I suppose if the government came clean and stated that the way this virus works makes it look a lot like a bio-weapon, people would have taken it seriously from the outset.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
We’ve been warned about biological warfare & hacking coming from China for years.
It’s prohibited to use biological warfare, but doesn’t mean it could not happen.

If this was biological warfare. The government would be best off keeping the nation as calm as possible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
45,307 Posts
Did I ask for any sympathy? No! Do I need any? No! Would it change anything? No!

Can you take that as a No? Yes!
No you didn't. I'm not sure that justifies being an arse to people though.

I did ask you to stop being an arse - both to people and in general - but you seem to have ignored me.

I'd really appreciate it if you tried.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Does it matter? It's out there, whatever its origins.
The origins of how the virus began enabled to infect a human cell being created in a lab is playing god for no real reason other than biological warfare is a scary thought alone.

By you on one hand not happy with people worrying about its severity, or their effected income is one thing.
But on the other hand you couldn’t careless is another, a strange one on me anyway

·
Banned
3,808 Posts
No you didn't. I'm not sure that justifies being an arse to people though.

I did ask you to stop being an arse - both to people and in general - but you seem to have ignored me.

I'd really appreciate it if you tried.
OK! Given you asked - sort of nicely.

However, on a point of order, as an Administrator, you surely must have realised the direction the thread "Has Italy Over Reacted?" would eventually go. Given it was so contentious; accusatorial towards Italy. Perhaps, you should be a little more on your mettle, on intervening early - i.e., stopping such a thread, rather than just sitting back?

And, from my experience, all members on this Forum are "Big - Boys", and certainly Clay can look after himself. So perhaps a little less censorship would be in order, if you acted at a more appropriate time. In essence, if you did so, you too would look a lot less of an Arse!

·
Banned
3,808 Posts
The origins of how the virus began enabled to infect a human cell being created in a lab is playing god for no real reason other than biological warfare is a scary thought alone.

By you on one hand not happy with people worrying about its severity, or their effected income is one thing.
But on the other hand you couldn’t careless is another, a strange one on me anyway

I did not say that!

I said, it is out there regardless of its origins. But, I have always found that worrying about every damned thing is futile and does not equip people with the means of resolving anything. It is wasted effort. Best to deal with issues as and when they can be most effectively dealt with.

Can't you get my point - another totally pointless element has been drawn into the equation. Which is why I say a lot just want to comment, without anything practical coming from it.

What practically can you do about whether it is a laboratory created virus, or a trans - species mutation?

Nothing!

And I think my empathy towards the Italian Crisis is well documented in that thread. An empathy I have for all those suffering. You however, seem to have empathy only for people involved in the motor trade - namely yourself.

Perhaps Bazza should read a few, instead of playing an indignant censor. If he would be so kind, it would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
It’s also pointless all of us at loggerheads over it all. Even selfish old me can even see that my friend.
Or at least we was friendly at one point. I can forgive & forget. Can you?

·
Administrator
45,307 Posts
OK! Given you asked - sort of nicely.

However, on a point of order, as an Administrator, you surely must have realised the direction the thread "Has Italy Over Reacted?" would eventually go. Given it was so contentious; accusatorial towards Italy. Perhaps, you should be a little more on your mettle, on intervening early - i.e., stopping such a thread, rather than just sitting back?
OK, so you'd like me to have stepped in earlier, deleted posts and handed out warnings and points.

And, from my experience, all members on this Forum are "Big - Boys", and certainly Clay can look after himself. So perhaps a little less censorship would be in order, if you acted at a more appropriate time. In essence, if you did so, you too would look a lot less of an Arse!
OK, so you'd like me to step back, not delete posts, and not stop people posting whatever insults they like. Oh, and you think I will need 'less censorship' this way (than the zero which has so far been used).

Hmm, something here isn't quite adding up... :rolleyes::D
Of all the desperate attempts by a member to blame the moderation team for their own behaviour, this is right up there. Note that you are being told to stop throwing insults, not to stop having a different opinion.

Funnily enough, moderation isn't my day job and is only done in spare moments. It's also something which is hardly needed at all on this site usually - as you say, the members are generally big boys.
I have generally come across your more vitriolic and insulting posts quite a while after they have been posted, and so far I have allowed that to stop me taking much more action than trying to guide you on thread to stop failing to be as adult as you rely on others to be.

I will take one of your contradictory pieces of advice. When people are throwing insults in future, I will take action even if it's already settled down again.

·
Banned
3,808 Posts
It’s also pointless all of us at loggerheads over it all. Even selfish old me can even see that my friend.
Or at least we was friendly at one point. I can forgive & forget. Can you?

There is nothing to forgive! You are at liberty to speak as frankly as you wish, I won't be offended. It is a right I reserve for myself and everyone. However, clearly there is a connection between "Has Italy Over - reacted" and this one. They can't be separated!

Given, people seem to be able to speak in the "Third Person" - Chris and Q, - not particularly thoughtful, if Bazza is trying to suggest they were demonstrating sympathy! They weren't, they were just being cheap!

Though I have directed comments towards Bazza, I will elaborate. My understanding is, threads are approved, before we comment - yes? That being the case, it must have been blatantly obvious the title of "Are the Italians Overreacting", was not in the least bit sensitive towards their predicament. And frankly, it should not have got beyond the first post. And the way their predicament has developed, shames us all. Now we are trying to mitigate it in some way, by suggesting it is a Chinese Biological Weapon!

"OK, so you'd like me to have stepped in earlier, deleted posts and handed out warnings and points." Sic!

In this instance, not hand out a warning and points, but simply unapprove the thread!

" Of all the desperate attempts by a member to blame the moderation team for their own behaviour, this is right up there."

It's not a desperate attempt at anything other than pointing out you made a error of judgement.

"Funnily enough, moderation isn't my day job and is only done in spare moments. It's also something which is hardly needed at all on this site usually - as you say, the members are generally big boys.
I have generally come across your more vitriolic and insulting posts quite a while after they have been posted, and so far I have allowed that to stop me taking much more action than trying to guide you on thread to stop failing to be as adult as you rely on others to be.

I will take one of your contradictory pieces of advice. When people are throwing insults in future, I will take action even if it's already settled down again."

What do you want, sympathy? Occasionally dipping into a thread to castigate a poster, simply because you have had a dodgy Prawn Sandwich, hardly constitutes being even handed!

This Forum is International and consideration should be given as to how other Nationalities may perceive we British having yet another "Stab" at all things Foreign!

You were wrong in allowing that particular thread to develop as it did, although some interesting observations were made. And having allowed it to run and run, you were also wrong with your censorship in closing it down. Just exactly what kind of contributors do you want on this site - Cardboard Cutouts?

·
Administrator
45,307 Posts
Just exactly what kind of contributors do you want on this site
How many times do you want me to say stop throwing insults at people before you realise that people able to discuss and debate without throwing insults is the kind of contributor we want?

And no, we don't pre-approve posts or threads. And everyone else managed to discuss the concept of that thread, and give their opinion that it was an unfair castigation of Italy without throwing insults.

I don't really care about your opinion of the moderation on here or what should and shouldn't be allowed in a thread, since your posting style shows you as completely unfit to judge anyway. But feel free to continue giving it, as long as you don't keep throwing insults about it.

In case this post is also unclear to you:

STOP THROWING INSULTS

·
Banned
3,808 Posts
How many times do you want me to say stop throwing insults at people before you realise that people able to discuss and debate without throwing insults is the kind of contributor we want?

And no, we don't pre-approve posts or threads. And everyone else managed to discuss the concept of that thread, and give their opinion that it was an unfair castigation of Italy without throwing insults.

I don't really care about your opinion of the moderation on here or what should and shouldn't be allowed in a thread, since your posting style shows you as completely unfit to judge anyway. But feel free to continue giving it, as long as you don't keep throwing insults about it.

In case this post is also unclear to you:

STOP THROWING INSULTS
Then stop talking about people in the third person. If anyone has anything to say to me - they can say it directly. And you need also to stop making half - hearted attempts to justify, or qualify what others meant by their comments - as I said, they are all big boys and can speak for themselve. And I have not insulted you, I have responded to your observations. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen!

To state, you occasionally dip in to posts, does not suggest to me you grasp the context of what has all gone before.

101 - 120 of 212 Posts