Alfa Romeo Forum banner

81 - 100 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
11,216 Posts
Close the carpark. Then people have to buy what they can carry.
I have found that small supermarkets without carparks round here are fully stocked.
But it does annoy and worry me that, as each journey shopping increases risk of contagion, we are unable to get our shopping in one go per week (or less) .

·
Registered
11,216 Posts
No! The Self Employed can dig into the money they hid from the Tax Man. That's if they didn't pee it against the wall, or spend it on foreign holidays in China.
Sizewell, your sweeping accusations and insinuations aimed at large swaths of society based on nothing more than your own fantasy and prejudice are not clever or amusing. Please desist.
You have become as (if not more) offensive than any of those you set yourself up against.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
No! The Self Employed can dig into the money they hid from the Tax Man. That's if they didn't pee it against the wall, or spend it on foreign holidays in China.
Wow, well I’ll remember to ask my wife that very same question, I can do that a lot more easily now than two days ago as she has just lost her business. Not all self employed are as you choose to pigeon hole, certainly speaking for my wife she is not, she most certainly wasn’t in China 14 days after having an emergency c-section, she was in work trying to earn money to put food on our sons table, or the morning of her mums funeral when she had to work in the morning to pay for funeral costs. She doesn’t holiday in China and she certainly doesn’t **** it up against a wall, only her 7 year old Nissan Juke and towards our meagre family, she pays her N.I as well you may be surprised to hear.
So spouting crap like that, at a time like this, when people are already anxious about how or whether they are going to find money enough to pay the next direct debit is not helpful, wanted or of any use.Unless you have evidence to back that statement up then leave it in the draft folder eh.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
On a lighter note....

Prince Charles has the virus and is self isolating with COVID-19....

........meanwhile Prince Andrew is self isolating with JENNIFER-14.
Ive just saw a tumble weed blowing a cross

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
203 Posts
I can assure you not all self employed have the mountain of cash under our beds you seem to imagine. These days payments are electronic.
Besides all organisations I work with all require invoices and give receipts/ remittance notes. Infact getting paid at all is something that's a real problem for small businesses and cash flow.
Ive always paid my tax and NI as required.
So it appears to me you dont know as much as you think you do .

·
Banned
3,808 Posts
Sizewell, your sweeping accusations and insinuations aimed at large swaths of society based on nothing more than your own fantasy and prejudice are not clever or amusing. Please desist.
You have become as (if not more) offensive than any of those you set yourself up against.
Just checking everyone is still awake! Hardly riveting stuff to stop people from dozing off!!

·
Banned
3,808 Posts
"Self-employed bailout problematic"

Well, well, well!

Ok Chancellor, best of luck with that one.

The tax returns for £2000 could be for supplementary income, aside from main employment. Who is to know however, if it is not simply all they chose to declare?

Either way the article above, highlights the difficulty surrounding the Self Employed. Can’t think why though?

·
Registered
11,216 Posts
Well, well, well!

Ok Chancellor, best of luck with that one.

The tax returns for £2000 could be for supplementary income, aside from main employment. Who is to know however, if it is not simply all they chose to declare?
The same could be said for anyone - self employed or employee.

Are you perhaps judging others by your own standards?:whistle:

·
Administrator
45,302 Posts
Sizewell, you seem to have real anger issues. No matter the topic, you always seem to find someone or something to be enraged by. And your reaction to that is often rather unpleasant.

Why don't you try maybe a week where your posts aren't mouth-frothing attacks on one person or part of society or another? I think we'd all appreciate it.

·
Registered
11,216 Posts
Sizewell, you seem to have real anger issues.
I wonder if this post might have something to do with it?

If this true, incurable bone cancer could explain a lot of anger......

·
Banned
3,808 Posts
I wonder if this post might have something to do with it?

If this true, incurable bone cancer could explain a lot of anger......
No! Chris and Q. So do not enter territory neither of you are qualified to speak about - let it be an end!

It does however, have everything to do with the issue of the self employed. I appreciate there are many who are genuinely earning a living as self employed. And those that are will probably need least support. But there are also many who are not! Basket Cases and a millstone around the neck of the economy.

The announcement today by the Chancellor will throw more light upon what he and the Government see are the problems surrounding the self employed, many of whom are already getting assistance with various benefits. From that point alone, if they are being supported by the Taxpayer, they are not "Self Employed".

My personal view is, they should not be getting support "Free - Gratis". They should provide assurances that they will repay, in full whatever support they get. Perhaps security for any advance can be against assets? That is what Banks do - why should the taxpayer not do the same?

I have long held the view, anyone unemployed should repay their benefits over their working lives, so that when they retire they have earned their full entitlement to a State Pension and any Age Related Benefits. So six months unemployment benefit, is regained by increased National Insurance Contributions over their working lives, until retirement. Similar to Student Loans - although that has gone badly wrong - it needn't have - but it has.

Self employment, as I view it, is a means of shifting the burden of full time employees, off company books, hence no tax, N.I. contributions etc,etc have to be collected. But there are so many abuses of the system. One can guarantee any half decent accountant will be earning a very good living from individuals, claiming relief, regardless of the morality of such claims - I am just waiting for some one to belly ache about their PCP, for their car. And possibly some will give up their vehicles. Which is fine. Because there are many more deserving of financial support for their existence, who do not have cars!

However, on the subject of Brexit. It is absolutely infuriating that it, as a subject, like so many others on this Forum, is just for the sake of blathering on about something. I have not detected any sincerity in the views of those who post and it is probably as well no one takes a blind of notice of the general public. It is all just empty rhetoric and folk swiftly move on to tittle - tattle about something else. "The Coronation Street Syndrome".

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
How’s your day today Sizewell?
I must say, I’m enjoying spending this time around my family. I’m also enjoying the sunny days & getting things done around the house that I normally only have 48hrs off work to do so.
Peace, love and unity

An old Rasta saying

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Oh the irony if you need to call a self employed gas/ electrician/ plumber/ plasterer or any other self employed person trying to earn a living over the next three months.

·
Banned
3,808 Posts
How’s your day today Sizewell?
I must say, I’m enjoying spending this time around my family. I’m also enjoying the sunny days & getting things done around the house that I normally only have 48hrs off work to do so.
Peace, love and unity

An old Rasta saying

Peace and Love Man! But stuff the Unity!

Oh the irony if you need to call a self employed gas/ electrician/ plumber/ plasterer or any other self employed person trying to earn a living over the next three months.
If there is a problem with gas or electric supply, then it will be a problem for everyone in the village. If there is a problem in the house - I'll fix it myself.

Plastering - nothing that couldn't wait, not that I have any to do. But my wife is very good at that.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
For the record. You can be self employed & still have the tax, national insurance deductions taken directly out of your wage at a higher percentage, then you have to claim the overpayment back come the end of the tax year that many do who work as subcontractors to a company.
It’s the well known bigger companies that amorally avoid paying their fare share.

I can see the rant there. But people losing out due to a virus outbreak and not receiving any government support isn’t excusable.

We need to be unified to fight this. After Brexit division is riff not just on AO, but across the nation

81 - 100 of 184 Posts