Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a couple of posts about jobs I am sure, and the papers were saying how last week was the week most likely for people to be job hunting. So who on AO is looking for a new job? Personally I am half heartedly, I don't see where I am as a long term thing but am in no rush. Also wondering about a complete change with my next job but don't know what to do.

Dammit forgot to add the poll, is there an option to add one after being an idiot? either way it shows I should get out of IT :lol: But I would be interested to know peoples thoughts.

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Due to the nature of my work.... I'm always looking !! :p

:D

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
:rolleyes:

PS Where's the Poll ??? :p

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
I am!

I can't be doing with the commute I'm currently doing (though I know there are many who do loads more miles than I do) so I've had a half-arsed look around, but I'm trying to get an internal transfer first, so I don't have to bother doing a CV and having interviews :rolleyes:

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
No, I'm happy where I am :)

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:D Sort of.....

..It looks as though my department might be snaffled up by a competitor,the prospective package looks good but it all depends if my boss has the balls to make the leap.

:rolleyes: Why he'd want to stay at the "working museum" I can't imagine though.......the place will be a housing estate in five years time,I'd put good money on that.

·
Premium Member
2,701 Posts
My factory is closing towards the end of the year so potentially i'm faced with the prospect of 2.5 hours driving every day to get to our other plant (+ the cost of petrol & wear and tear on Limoni etc etc). Therefore, the answer woudl probably be yes. I am always looking!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
These days you should always be looking around, if only to know which kind of packages others in your field and positions are getting. You never know when it might come in handy...

Also I've remarked that people who've worked at many companies usually have an extensive network. So, when they need to jump, it's easier for them, since many times jobs are obtained through recommendations.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
BigFoot said:
Tried Monster in the past but no good. Need to go through headhunters :)rolleyes:)...
You could try www.linkedin.com

It's not a job search site but it could allow you to navigate a professional network you never knew you had. It allows you to post your professional profile and invite your 'friends' into your network. You can then search 2nd and 3rd degree contacts and get in touch with them through recommendations. Interesting tool.

·
Registered
43,564 Posts

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
I got an automated e mail from the site last week saying there are jobs in Monaco at the moment !!

Should I ... shouldn't I :confused: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Would you have to sell the Brera?

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Gary Slegg said:
Would you have to sell the Brera?
Nah..., I'd commute !!! :D