Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To those who ordered 4C's..

Has any of you got official confirmation of the serial number of the car yet? :confused:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hey Perreby. By serial, do you mean the specific number of the car (ex. 244/400 for EU) or rather a technical number such as the chassis number?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No serial number was confirmed yet. They are waiting to start production in order to give us our numbers. I imagine there will be lots of news when they finally start production this summer.

·
Registered
184 Posts
The number on the contract is the contract number and not the chassis number...:)
I thought so at first as well, but then the sales rep told me my car's production has been confirmed by AR themselves and my car's number was 356. Maybe I misunderstood things, I am not so certain about the numbering

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
From what I understand your rep is wrong. If you look at the contract letter it mentions an order number but then the "intro letter" clearly states that the chassis number will be determined only when they have scheduled the production.

Attachments

·
Registered
184 Posts
Maybe I am in the wrong, I should check my contract throughly :) The only thing I know for certain is that AR has given the green light for the production of my car, as I am sure they have done for all of you who have also ordered

·
Registered
536 Posts
Not heard anything since receiving the signed contract confirmation, but that was only a few weeks ago and not expecting to hear anything for a while.
On the confirmation there are 2 different numbers though. A customer number and a Purchase order number who knows if they will have any relevance though as far as the car number goes.

December will soon be here (supposing my car arrives when estimated), it will take me until then to make my garage bigger and more prepared for its arrival.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You been talking to your contacts again?
Actually no..

They just sent an email yesterday confirming my number requested has been granted.. :D

And my contract had no number on it.. It was called 4C-LE-RG (RG being my initials). So guess every country has its own way of doing things?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts