Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I've had my GTV for several years and many a time have contributed to threads about GTV's but I've recently bought a 2007 147 JTD Lusso as my daily drive and am a little confused as to what its BHP is.

I thought that it was 120, but people (so say in the know) are saying it might be 140.
Please put me straight on this. 120 or 140?

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Hi, I'm pretty sure the 8 valve jtd engine was only ever 115bhp in the 147 and uk 156's.
Easy way to tell at a glance is the 8 valve has the oil filler cap at the cam belt end, 16 valve has it at the other end of the engine

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Dave/Jon,
Would i also be right in saying that the 140bhp 16v has a 6 speed box, rather than 5 like the 8v??

·
Registered
30,079 Posts
Late 8v 1.9 were 120hp.
Engine code (on the chassis plate) 937A3.000

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys.
Sorted..... have ordered a Ecu upgrade chip that I can fit to my 8v. They claim it pushes bhp to 150.
I've had one fitted to my Grande Punto 1.9 Sporting for several years, and the performance and Mpg has been noticeable.

Thanks again

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Dont know if all Alfa's have them but mine has a sticker inside the drivers door shut telling me power in bhp, kw engine size and code and a few other bits, maybe it should have been taken off by the dealer?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts