Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, was wondering. If Alfa have stopped production of the 159 and there is no replacement until 2014, that's 3 years of stock sitting on an airfield somewhere waiting to be sold.

Will Alfa still advertise these as 'Brand' new or will they still offer 3 year warranties on cars that may mechanically be 3 years old at purchase??

Paul

·
Registered
30,162 Posts
They will be declared "New" on the date of registration just like every other car.
There may not be a large RHD stock anyway.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Even though they may stand to have been built 3 years ago? Ok I know there is no alternative, but just makes for an interesting debate as this will surely create future warranty issues etc with cars that by the end of their 3 year warranty period being almost 6 years old??

·
Registered
30,162 Posts
Even though they may stand to have been built 3 years ago?
Yes.
There were pre-facelift 156 registered as "New" with 08/58 plates in 2008... ie about 6-years old.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lol no most definitely do not! I guess I must have had too much time on my hands earlier thinking about it.

A bit guttered I suppose were not getting the Guillia a bit sooner, as much as I love the 159 styling, was kinda hoping the Guillia would come sooner rather than much later.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes.
There were pre-facelift 156 registered as "New" with 08/58 plates in 2008... ie about 6-years old.
Wow, that's quite extraordinary, didn't realise that. Do you suppose 159 prices will reduce to reflect the ageing fleet or remain the same?

·
Registered
187 Posts
There is a load of 'brand new' 61 plate MG TFs coming through the car supermarkets at the moment even though production stopped 6 years ago. I wonder where they have been all this time.

·
Registered
161 Posts
There is a load of 'brand new' 61 plate MG TFs coming through the car supermarkets at the moment even though production stopped 6 years ago. I wonder where they have been all this time.
Nanjing built about a 1000 MG TFs at Longbridge over the last couple of years, so I doubt they are that old.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Arent they chinese now?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Ah, I didn't realise that the Chinese has made some more of the TFs. That would explain it then as there are probably not many MG dealers around.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
There is confusion at the moment about the 159. What i can confirm is that Alfa have slimmed the range down to just 2.0 JTDm in two trim specs; progression and super. Now i dont know if Alfa will continue to produce this, i got a report that Alfa have infact just switched this onto the 156/GT lines. But many have believed production has stopped. I have someone looking into it, but does anyone else actually know the truth?

Maybe Alfa will produce the engines and just assemble as they are needed?

Salute, Giordano.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
I think a few on here have tried to order and been told they cant.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
They definetly need something to fill the gap until the Giulia :confused:

Salute, Giordano.

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
I think a few on here have tried to order and been told they cant.
RHD production for 159 has definitely stopped. And as David C says I doubt whether there's hardly any 'stock' 159s left at all.

As outlined in the new Five Year Plan for Alfa Romeo issued a couple of days ago, it is planned for limited LHD 159 production to continue until the last quarter of 2012. The new Giulia not due until at least 2014.

That's the second version of the Five Year Plan inside 12 months. If the economic and monetary position continues to weaken, particularly in the Euro Zone, expect it to change again.

·
Administrator
87,588 Posts
Not that it makes much difference but it's just a few days short of 18 months actually, the 1st Edition was released on the 21st April 2010, the 2nd on 14th September 2011.

Unfortunately as you say there may be further editions.

·
Registered
190 Posts
My bet is there's a lot of people on here with a soft spot for MG. Personally I can't wait to see what they're doing in 5 years time, let alone 10. Glad they survived in one form or another.

·
Registered
359 Posts
My bet is there's a lot of people on here with a soft spot for MG. Personally I can't wait to see what they're doing in 5 years time, let alone 10. Glad they survived in one form or another.
I think the new MG's are just knocked down kits shipped over from China and assembeld in Birmingham, unless someone knows better.
The death of the british owned motor industry.

Rob

·
Registered
686 Posts
Yes I have to admit I'm one of them with a soft spot for MG having owned two MG ZTs (fantastic cars :thumbs: and built like tanks) but I'm not sure I would buy one of the current models unless they did some serious work on the design and quality of the interiors :tut:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts