Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
Re: So the general public love the GTA?

i usually have chavs saying "nice motor mate".
a compliment from the wrong person isnt a compliment at all.

·
Premium Member
45,007 Posts

At least some of them have taste :D

·
Premium Member
45,007 Posts

Do they? :confused: :lol:
I've had similar comments of praise from chavs. "Nice car mate, innit."

"Yes I am in it thanks, glad you're not" :lol:

·
Super Moderator
44,743 Posts

That's because of that hoop spoiler ;)

·
Registered
2,994 Posts

Stopped at the local garage to buy a paper on my way out on Saturday. Coming out of the shop one of the garage staff (possibly the owner/manager) had just parked his B*W and as he walked past he said "I like your motor, does it go as well as it looks?" I replied that yes it did, in fact, go pretty well ;)

This has happened a few times when complete strangers have walked up to ask about the car.

Another mildly amusing story was when my wifes Punto was playing up she had to make a long journey and so I let her take the Alfa. The wife's a bit intimidated by the power so we had a practice run up the motorway to let her get used to the car. We were passed by a 1.6 TSpark 147 and the several male occupants were all craning their necks and pointing. Of course I got the wife to open the taps and give them another opportunity to admire the GTA (although it was a very brief view :lol: )

J

·
0 Posts

we were out on dartmoor a few weekends ago, i had just washed and polished the GTV, she was looking fantastic.....

Stopped for an ice cream, me, wife and daughter in the queue, a scooby parks up alongside and they all get out, most of the occupants join the queue the driver has a real good nosey over my bella.

I was getting a bot worried as he was taking a long time, finally he joined the queue, his mate were behind me, the driver then commented on now clean my GTV as and how good looking it was, my wife turned round and said 'thanks its nice when someone appreciates beauty'
the driver went bright red, i turned and thanked him for the comment, made my day

mind you they had a giggle watching us all get back in the car :lol:

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
When your car is as green as mine you get *all* the appreciation :lol:
I've never heard any passers-by comment on the green goblin!

My 156 on the other hand had praise heaped upon it by the RAC patrol man when it broke down today :lol:

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Parked my beautiful black GTV V6, and a couple jumped out of their car, looked all around it - saying things like "what a beautiful car", "unbelievably well looked after" e.t.c, then pulled their son out of the back seat to show him :cool:

My sister thought they were going to rob me at one point :lol: (I just stood to the side, and watched them carefully!)

Normally I just get stares when I press the loud pedal and the V6 sonics take over. (barrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp)

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
It is shockingly reflective like.. :eek:
Not at the moment it isn't :lol: 200 miles of motorway grime all over it unfortunately, and it was raining for half of that so it's rather grey :(

Plus it barely even moves at the moment :rolleyes:

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
When I got the Brera, the kids on our street started taking pictures, of themselves stood in front of it. A week later, I had just filed up at the petrol station, & was waiting to pay, when the cashier, in the line next to me, asked a woman, which car is yours? she replied " that gorgeous red Alfa there................ I wish"

·
Registered
16,125 Posts
I was sat in the car at Tesco a few weeks back when some guy, his wife and young son started walling around the car and having a good look around.

I could hear them saying thats a nice car etc etc.

they then went to the front of the car and started staring at it - their faces were a picture when they saw me sat inside.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts