Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two separate incidents this weekend made me smile. A lot.

1. Just left clovertech after picking up the new top engine mount. Driving back home. It was a super hot day so I had both front windows down. Man and his son walking along the footpath as I was stopped at the lights.

The son goes to his dad "That's a well nice car, what is it?" (he was about 8) "That's an alfa romeo" the dad replies, "and it's much better looking than any ford". (This is in the heart of dagenham which is FORD country!) :D

2. At the factory designer outlets in Braintree, leaving the car park, couple of young girls and a guy (late teens) crossing the road in front of me. One girl goes "That's a F***ing well nice car." :D

Ahh despite not being able to reverse I had a good weekend. :)

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Re: So the general public love the GTA?

Ha ha, it's nice when that happens.

I was sat parked up waiting for the wife in a caprpark of a local retail park (Teesside Park for anyone local). Anyway, this young lad, about 12 or so, walked past the front of the car & said, "Wooooowwwwwww, an Alfa Romeo".

You never get that with a BMW ;)

·
Premium Member
45,010 Posts

Always cool when something like that happens. Although I was told by some girls that my 156 (the JTD) was a "grandad car".

Needless to say, they got dropped off pretty quickly! :lol:

·
Registered
5,551 Posts

Did you have to have the windows open so that your inflated ego didn't fill the car?:lol:
Only joking. Its always good for a bloke to feel so proud of something and for others to agree! Nice one:thumbs:

·
Registered
139 Posts

Yesterday with the sun out I finally got some full on roof down action driving through Richmond Park, it's great having people stare..... Love to the Alfa!

A

·
0 Posts

Mind those speed bumps up at Freeport;).

·
Registered
46,602 Posts

factory designer outlets in Braintree - aka the lovely Freeport :D

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Yeah, it's nice for the girly to get some shopping done. It's not a very male friendly place though the freeport. I get bored easily though. ;)

·
Registered
218 Posts

I love the looks my Alfa gets.

Was exiting a retail park in Christchurch yesterday when two nice girlies walking along pointed and made generally approving comments.

Thanks to the smoked glass they couldn't see the kids in the back!! :lol:

·
Registered
1,467 Posts

My other half asked me at the weekend if i notice people looking at my car while im driving; because while sat at the lights she said that in every passing car the driver was craning there neck to look at my GTA :cool:

·
Registered
46,602 Posts

Yeah, it's nice for the girly to get some shopping done. It's not a very male friendly place though the freeport. I get bored easily though. ;)
I have to agree its borin but me and my mate head up to the cinema a couple of times a week there now and grab something to eat :p

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

My other half asked me at the weekend if i notice people looking at my car while im driving; because while sat at the lights she said that in every passing car the driver was craning there neck to look at my GTA :cool:
Same here. Best thing is when you come back to the car to find someone looking at it. I had it with the twinspark, but not half as much as I do now.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts

:) It will look better when it doesn't have scratches on it!
You getting her sorted before Brooklands Joe?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts