Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After being an Alfa driver for seven years I have done a bad deed and bought myself a Jeep Renegade. I loved my Alfa but my dog didn't appreciate getting his nose squashed against the rear window and my gf wanted something higher up and less sporty:depressed:.

I know I'm going to miss the amazing acceleration, the striking good looks and the handling but the Renegade is still an unusual sight on UK roads and it is made in Italy. At least it's different from the Japanese/South Korean SUV's that litter our roads.

Anyway, I wish you all well but I don't think it will be goodbye to Alfa's, just au revoir.

John

·
Registered
Maserati Quattroporte
1,764 Posts
Still part of the family. Renegade based on the Giulietta.

·
Registered
258 Posts
After being an Alfa driver for seven years I have done a bad deed and bought myself a Jeep Renegade. I loved my Alfa but my dog didn't appreciate getting his nose squashed against the rear window and my gf wanted something higher up and less sporty:depressed:.

I know I'm going to miss the amazing acceleration, the striking good looks and the handling but the Renegade is still an unusual sight on UK roads and it is made in Italy. At least it's different from the Japanese/South Korean SUV's that litter our roads.

Anyway, I wish you all well but I don't think it will be goodbye to Alfa's, just au revoir.

John
Snap, I chopped in my 1.4MA 170 Veloce for a Renegade 1.4MA 140 Limited 6 months ago. I don't regret getting rid of my G, renegade is much better built. No squeaks or rattles so far unlike my G.

Which engine did you go for, I find the renegade is as quick as my in G in Natural mode.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Snap, I chopped in my 1.4MA 170 Veloce for a Renegade 1.4MA 140 Limited 6 months ago. I don't regret getting rid of my G, renegade is much better built. No squeaks or rattles so far unlike my G.

Which engine did you go for, I find the renegade is as quick as my in G in Natural mode.
Obviously great minds think alike. I went for the 1.4MA too in Longitude trim. I picked Glacier Metallic as the colour. :)

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Obviously great minds think alike. I went for the 1.4MA too in Longitude trim. I picked Glacier Metallic as the colour. :)
Must admit I got close to doing exactly the same thing, I was also drawn to the Renegade but when I got to the showroom and after sitting in a Cherokee I am glad that I couldn't afford one of those at this point in my life. What a car!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
...........and my gf wanted something higher up...........
Genuine question; why?

I've heard a few people say this, but as I've said to my wife when she was looking at something similar, the general rule is that the higher up a vehicle's center of gravity is the less stable it becomes (though of course there are exceptions). There does seem to be a perception that higher up equals "safer", but often the opposite is true.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Genuine question; why?

I've heard a few people say this, but as I've said to my wife when she was looking at something similar, the general rule is that the higher up a vehicle's center of gravity is the less stable it becomes (though of course there are exceptions). There does seem to be a perception that higher up equals "safer", but often the opposite is true.
I can't disagree with you but when has woman's logic ever taken the laws of physics into account. My dog's logic that a Jeep has more space in the back is a stronger argument.

Has anyone seen the Batman Jeep......Dawn of Justice? I would have taken that one if it had been powered by the 1.4MA engine.

To the Batmobile!

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
500X and Renegade were co-developed (and are the result of the first project brought from start to finish by FIAT-Chrysler). Both are based on the 500L. Other related cars are the new FIAT Tipo and the FIAT Doblò van.

FIAT-Chrysler supplied all of the vehicles for Batman-Superman-blah-blah-Justice. I'd nearly watch it to spot the cars.. nearly. Friends have seen it, and it's basically a 2h30 trailer for a better film that's coming sometime in the future.

(I did go to see the execrable Angels and Demons because it had some nice Lancias in it...)

·
Registered
36,695 Posts
Somebody I know who's familiar with the 500x programme told me a large proportion of the investment was in the new A Pillar versus the 500L , helped by the Rentalgrade needing its own vertical screen pillar. He tells me the Jeep was its designers first car after college and I believe it shows.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts