Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

After years of being told how much he loved (and missed) his 156 his persuasion finally paid off and he's just bought a GTV. Come to think of it he somehow managed to persuade me that it was my idea to convince him to buy it....

Still needs to sell the previous car (not an alfa), and my old heap (not an alfa either), as between us we currently own 5 cars and the neighbours are getting a bit edgy about all the motors on the drive. Need to keep the mumbus (not an alfa either, shame they never made alfa mumbusses - can only just squeeze 2 kids in the GTV never mind all 4) and my boy racer saxo for - you know, school run, Tesco trips etc.

And the fun has already started - bits of the GTV have been through the dishwasher...

But last week I got to have a proper, on my own, stereo on, and nowhere to go drive.. and he (the car I mean; its a boy car) made me miss the turnoff onto the right motorway and I *just had* to go on a 15 mile diversion.

I'm afraid I might just have fallen for him...

I've already been lucky enough to meet one or two of you at a 'meet' last year. Can't wait 'til the car-spotting starts again in March...

:cool:

Oh and I like this smiley too - :vomit:

·
Registered
12,745 Posts
Hello and welcome to AO......nice intro as well......:thumbs:
Have you got to the stage yet that when you leave the car you can't stop yourself from glancing back, or checking out the reflection in shop windows as you drive past.......:cool:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh god, what else have I let myself in for!

The glancing back not yet; though maybe once... And only realised about the reflection thing yesterday when he brought it to my attention!

·
Registered
12,745 Posts
I was going to say that if it hadn't happened yet it wouldn't be long till it did but it's too late.......you're addicted......:lol:
The GTV is still one of the best looking cars on the road......:thumbs:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So now down to 4 cars, sold my old heap but the Beemer is still sulking on the drive..

My Saxo is off the road because its MOT has expired and 'needs work' before I can book it in.

He won't let me use the GTV! I get to drive the (not-an-alfa)mumbus round instead :-(

Hang on, the longer my car is off the road, the longer he gets to drive the Alfa because he doesn't want me parking it at my work?

Its all falling into place!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts