Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stelvio 2.0 petrol, 22 months old, 12,150 miles. Just spent an anxious week after the low engine oil warning light came on, and the central digital display showed zero oil. Naturally, I quickly topped up, carefully, in increments (1.5 litres in all) and re-checked. No change to the warnings. Had my local garage drain the oil and replace entirely (5.2 litres). Still showed no oil. Was on the point of changing the oil level guage, when realised that the mileage could have something to do with it.

My garage tricked the car into thinking it had just been serviced (reset service) and bingo: oil warning light goes out and the digital oil level shows full.

Key learning : while the car thinks it's due a service (which was not actually correct, anyway) the oil level indicator will tell you that there's NO oil in the car. Madness. Thought important to share.

·
Vendor
45,465 Posts
The sooner someone develops a dipstick retrofit kit for these engines the better.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I don't understand the logic behind this oil level system, ok so it doesn't have a dipstick get that, but regardless it has to be a reliable oil or no oil situation.. no secret resets or system frigs to understand exactly what the level is..

·
Registered
141 Posts
Seems to be designed by the same person who designed the low Ad-Blue warning. Bring the check engine light on first then bring the ad-blue low light on much later. Refilling with Ad-Blue resets both lights. In the meantime a wasted trip to the dealer and a forced DpF Regen tried and failed to reset it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts