Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately, changing family situation means I may have to move on my GT in the next few months (hopefully for a 159 but that's another story :) ). Just wondering how the market is at the moment? Bad I assume?

Is there any premium at all for good extras/condition - for example, I got mine on here from someone in the UK who had had the Q2 fitted and had it remapped. Has anyone found that gets a few extra bob?

It is it better to look for cash and go to the UK, or is there any value in trade-ins?

Thanks in advance!

L

·
0 Posts
colour?
spec? 8v/16v, 1.9/2.4?
miles?
NCT: expires?
Tax: expires?
Condition?
Alloys?
Service History?
Belt replaced at?
Clutch replaced at?
DMF ever replaced?
any photos?
other toy?

·
Administrator
87,042 Posts
It's a GT 1.9 JTDm 16v ( 150Bhp standard, a 170Bhp was available later in the Cloverleaf ) that's the only diesel engine in the GT, there was never a 2.4 option ;)

Good luck with the sale/trade & hope you find a nice 159 if you have to let the GT go JC :thumbs:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Lacken - sorry for the lack of detail but I didnt want to look like I was shilling! It was more of a general query because I havent been paying attention for the last year or so.

But, as David said, its a 1.9, blue, 70,000 odd miles, full service history (all with Gerry in TI since I brought it in), NCTd to March 2013, taxed until the summer. Belt was last done about 50k I think. Clutch is the original but the EGR valve has been changed.

·
Registered
763 Posts
market is tough...
not much money going around - everyone looking for bargains...

Best of luck with sale

·
Registered
13,001 Posts
Sounds nice and well looked after .. Hopefully it will sell quickly for you ,

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Pity on the timing, pdmc was looking for a GT for a good while there, sounds like yours would have suited him, but he's sorted now.

The truth of it is, few people, unless they are truly into their Alfas, will pay a premium for things like a Ti service and a Q2 (I would, but I'm not in the market). So offer it for sale here, with pictures and history, and hopefully word will get around. I'd start a thread on Octane as well. Things like 17" and leather and possibly BOSE will make it more desirable.

I dunno what year it is (I'm guessing either 2005 or 2006?), but I'd say you're looking at around €6,000 at best.

Try speaking to David in Ti - he may be interested.....

·
Registered
339 Posts
I guess if you're replacing it with a 159 though, it should be swings and roundabouts. You'll get what seems like a bad price for the GT but benefit from low 159 prices, particularly larger engines. I think the benefit of going to the UK is probably gone these days - high annual motor tax of 159s have meant low prices here and £/€ is back over 1.20.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cheers lads. That's sort of what I expected but good to hear it confirmed. Time to start looking for somewhere I can leverage it to a nice 159 by the sounds of it!

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Cheers lads. That's sort of what I expected but good to hear it confirmed. Time to start looking for somewhere I can leverage it to a nice 159 by the sounds of it!
What spec 159 are you looking for? I can give you a detailed history of a 2006 Alfa 159 1.9 for sale in Grandons in Cork (it was previously my Dads). I had a thread on it here before. All particulars (belt / pump / sus) have already been done. They are looking for circa €8k (I think) for it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts