Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fancy one of these and have been looking around..they go for anything from £800-£4000 for a ''really sorted one''

I am thinking of spending the lower end with 2k in reserve to get all the normal things taken care of, so an overall budget of 3ish..

from the figures the 5 cyl 20v turbo is seriously quick, 3.2 V6 quick and I love the styling..pininfarina no less, I understand not to everyones taste but they tickle my ascetic funnybone:D

any opinions on them from those of you who have owned driven or orked on them much appreciated.

cheers

joe

·
Registered
13,242 Posts
Aye! Buy one. :thumbs:

I dunno what happened to the Coops.... they just seemed to suddenly disappear... but yes, pretty car and goes like stink.

It's an Alfa 155 underneath, so check the underneath... :lol: but if it's good, it'll be splendid. :)

Ralf S.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Cant imagine ever selling mine.

2 pieces of advice:

1. Register on FCCUK and have a read on the buying guides, post up any questions on the Buying Advice forum etc. - You may even find one for sale from a member on there.

2. Then buy one - you'll love it! :cool:

·
Registered
295 Posts
Make sure the cam belt was changed used to be super expensive for the 5cy cars, apparently was a engine out job. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks chaps,

am currently looking for one, A 5cyl 20v turbo in green with a tan leather interior...no rush as its going to be a second car.

now the fun bit, car shopping.,:D

·
Registered
170 Posts
If I were you and buying a coupe turbo, I'd buy it with a 2.0 16v, no doubt about it!!! The drawback is that the earlier cars have it.

·
Administrator
46,282 Posts
I wouldn't. Much prefer the sound of the 20VT. And the wheels and bodykit are far better looking too.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Yeah sound yes, bodykit maybe, I just enjoy the history behind the Lampredi. Also I've also noticed that a tuned 16v is faster than the 20v with the same sort of power.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
when I do it it will be the 20v...

on hold for a bit as my GT has just cost me a quid or two.

still looking but would only move if cheap and has the ''right type of problems'' ie ones that affect the value but are easy to fix..like a HG for example.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I had one of those... a 2.0 16v. It's a really nice car but if you are an alfisti you will miss the Alfa. At the moment I had a '99 146ti (the one with 155bhp). Then I sold it to a cousin, and I bought the Coupe... Honestly I't didn't filled my expectations... maybe it was me but it didn't felt quick, and the noise... even though it's nice it can't be compared to an Alfa engine. The chasis though it was way better than the 146, it felt stapled to the road. But...
Sold it, and bought my 146ti again from my cousin who kindly accepted my offer when I got back crawling :thumbup:

Attachments

·
Registered
164 Posts
I'v had 3 coupes, a 20V and two 20VT's.
The 20VT is the dogs cahoonas. Fastest thing I've ever driven!
If I didn't have a 550 mile a week commute to work etc, I'd still have one.
Get a "Plus" if you can. Much nicer interior, 6-speed box and push button start.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts